twenty-six!

Ranboo and Tubbo watched as Tommy finally kissed June for the first time- that they were aware of, at least. There were a few nights where Ranboo could tell that June had left their room to do who knows what. Most likely use the bathroom or get a drink of water, but still.

Tubbo was grinning- he was excited that his friends had admitted their feelings- and Ranboo's smile held melancholy feelings he couldn't quite explain.

Tubbo could see Ranboo's expression out of the corner of his eye. "You like him too, don't you?" He asked. "June, I mean."

Ranboo sighed, not bothering to ask how Tubbo'd known the right pronouns. "It's not like it matters."

"Of course it matters. Your crush and your best friend just started dating, you're allowed to have feelings," Tubbo said wisely.

"Not when they interfere with someone else's happiness."

"What about your happiness?"

Ranboo turned to Tubbo. "What?"

Tubbo turned to him as well. "You heard me. Start focusing on your own happiness. Why should Tommy's happiness matter to you?"

"It doesn't." Ranboo's gaze fell on June again, who was grinning happily, laughing at something Tommy said. "June's does. They're finally happy, and together, and I don't want to ruin that for him. It doesn't matter how many times we've kissed, or that we climb in each others windows almost daily back home, or that I've been jealous of how easy they became friends after I've been trying to befriend him since we were kids in school, and he only finally noticed me after our moms forced us together at a PTA meeting."

Tubbo took Ranboo's hand in his own, silently giving his support. "If you ever need to talk about it, you know I'm here."

"Thank you."

"Of course, bossman. Let's leave them to it."

The Airbnb felt emptier without June and Tommy, and the quietness of it all made Ranboo want to scream. At least then it wouldn't be silent.

He shuffled one of his playlists quietly, putting in his earbuds, and curled up on the couch with his head in Tubbo's lap.

A few songs later, Tommy and June came back, fingers laced together and giggling about everything and nothing.

An ache settled in Ranboo's chest, and he didn't turn to look at them, only closing his eyes to pretend he was asleep.

Tubbo's hands found his hair, and the brunet looked up at Tommy and June as they sat down on the other couch.

Tubbo smirked over at them. "Finally make it official?"

Tommy nodded, and June's face went red. Clearly he was still flustered by the thought.

"About time, honestly," Tubbo joked.

June huffed, grinning. "I'm going to go to bed, I think. See you in the morning. If Ranboo wakes up, tell him that Clay wants to talk to him please."

"Will do," Tubbo replied. He turned his gaze back down to the boy in his lap. "Tommy, I think you and Ranboo should switch places tonight. Y'know cause you and June are dating now."

Tommy hesitated. "I'll ask her. She wanted Ranboo to share with her 'cause she was already comfortable sleeping in the same room as him."

Tubbo hummed. "Go ask her, then. Don't forget to knock before going in, she might be changing."

Tommy nodded. "Yeah, alright."

Tubbo smiled over at Tommy, making awkward eye contact until the blond got up and went back to the bedrooms.

Ranboo pulled his knees even more into his chest, and covered his face with his hands. He took out his earbuds now that June and Tommy were gone.

"You wanna go to our room?" Tubbo asked. "We can talk, if you want. I'll let you word vomit, since I know you're dying to, as gross as that sounds."

Ranboo nodded, and sat up. He followed Tubbo back to the room that the brunet had shared with Tommy previously. He could hear June and Tommy laughing in the room over, and the ache in his chest worsened a bit.

He was feeling a little sick, and flopped down on the bed that used to be Tommy's facedown. It smelt like his cologne, and he wanted to punch something.

"C'mon, talk to me," Tubbo encouraged, sitting down on his own bed.

Ranboo groaned, and sat up. "It's just- It's dumb, really."

Tubbo shook his head. "Tell me, bro. I'm not gonna judge you. Well, I might, but only if you're like, planning to murder Tommy and go all Yandere for June," Tubbo joked.

Ranboo cracked a smile, keeping his gaze on the floor. "No, I wouldn't do that." His smile fell. "I just.. what makes Tommy better than me? Did I do something wrong? I've liked June since- well, since we met, actually, but it was only a small crush then. But why is Tommy the one he chose?"

Tubbo smiled sadly. "Neither of you are better. June probably just sees you more of a best friend or brother than a boyfriend."

"But why?" Ranboo asked, voice cracking. "I- I know it's dumb, but I just don't understand." He sniffled, rubbing at his eyes. "I knew he liked Tommy, it's quite obvious, but now that they're actually together, it just hurts so much.."

Tubbo frowned, hating that his friend was hurting. "Hey, June said that Dream needed to talk to you, right?"

"Mhm."

"You should call him before we forget."

"Alright."

Ranboo pulled out his phone, rubbing at his nose. He went to his contacts, and called Dream. He put it on speaker so Tubbo could hear, and leaned his head in his hand.

"Hey, Ranboo," Dream greeted.

"Um, hey. June said you wanted to talk to me?" Ranboo said, unsure.

"Yeah. It's kind of obvious to everyone but June apparently, but you like him, and he texted me that he and Tommy just called it official." Dream paused, and Ranboo glared at the ground. "Are you alright?"

Ranboo's glare fell as his eyes welled with tears. "I don't know." He hated how much pity filled Dream's tone.

"Well, if you need anything, I'm here. So is Phil, and Wilbur, and everyone else."

"Yeah, thanks. Good night." Ranboo was tempted to just hang up, but didn't want to be rude.

"Good night," Dream replied. He ended the call before Ranboo could.

Ranboo's free hand curled into a fist, and he clenched his hand tight enough that his nails left cresent-shaped indents in his palm.

He turned off his phone and tossed it on the floor across the room, not wanting it by him. He didn't want anymore pity calls.

Tubbo watched as Ranboo tried to calm himself down silently. He'd never seen the taller boy like this before, and he wasn't quite sure what to do.

Ranboo stood, and went to the door. "I'm going for a walk outside, you wanna come with?" he asked Tubbo.

"No, thanks, I'm tired," Tubbo declined, getting pj's from his suitcase.

"'Kay." Ranboo replied. He went out of the bedroom, and slipped his shoes back on before going out of the house as well. It was a clear night, and he could see all of the stars, and the moon, which was almost full.

It was beautiful, and Ranboo found himself laying down in the front lawn to look up at it all.

He heard the front door open and close, but he didn't have to look to somehow know that it was June.