five!

"Hey, handsome," June greeted as he answered the call.

"Wh-what?" Tommy stammered, caught off-guard by the sudden compliment.

June snorted. "Calm down there, buckaroo."

"'Buckaroo?'" Tommy repeated, the word feeling foreign in his mouth.

"Yeah."

"What does that even mean?"

"Uh, lemme look it up." June paused as he typed the word into Google. "Google's dictionary defines it as a cowboy."

"Huh, weird. I'm not a cowboy."

"No, yeah, you're more of a chicken boy, I'd say," June agreed. "I'd say maybe even a pig boy, but that's overstepping a little."

"I swear that you just put random words together and say them," Tommy joked.

June huffed, smiling. "I could very well say the same thing about you, Tommy."

"I wouldn't say that, but I guess I do say some strange things," Tommy mused.

June hummed in agreement, unsure of what else to say.

Tommy cleared his throat quietly, and changed the topic over to what Wilbur had said.

"So, I called Wilbur yesterday, and he told me how you always tell him off when he gets annoying," Tommy started.

"Yeah, I guess I do," June mumbled. "He's all over the place, especially when he calls me at four in the morning because he's drunk and wants to tell me something."

"Oh, he does that to you too?"

"Yeah, ever since I dm'd him on Discord like six months ago, he's taken up the role of another older brother figure, and I guess that's one of the perks," June joked.

Tommy let June ramble as much as he wanted, going on about his current interest in how mantis shrimp percieve color, while the Brit hummed and asked questions every so often to keep him talking. He found the American's voice surprisingly soothing, despite the absurdity of what June was saying, and he was smiling without even realising it.

June stopped talking abruptly, muting on Discord, leaving Tommy a little confused.

"June?" He asked fruitlessly. He frowned when he got no reply.

-

June closed his mouth and muted in Discord when there was a knock on his bedroom door, pulling his earbuds from his ears to hear if someone was going to talk to him.

"Come in," June said politely. He narrowed his eyes when he that Logan pushed the door open. "What do you want?"

He raised his hands in surrender, looking surprised at the hostility. "I'm just here to befriend you because our moms want us to be friends, don't attack me again, please."

"I'm not looking for friends," June stated. "I already have some."

Logan narrowed his eyes. "Well, your mother doesn't think so. So here I am."

June rolled his eyes. His mom knew about all of his friends, and while she was a little hesitant about June befriending adults he didn't know in real life, she hadn't tried to put a stop to it because they were also Clay's friends. "How old are you?" He sighed. Might as well humor his mom.

"Eighteen."

June caught Logan's gaze flicker down to his chest, and his breath hitched quietly, the small action from the boy across from him only reminding him of the way other people viewed him.