twenty-four!

sorry that it's been nearly a week, a lot of things are kicking me in the ass rn
speaking of, i forgot to do my history homework oops
guess i'll just cry in class when she gets mad :)

June did start crying when Phil and Kristen showed up.

He hugged them both, and ended up curling up in-between him and Mumza like a small child on the couch.

He didn't engage in any of the conversations going on around him, but he was so socially exhausted that he wouldn't have known what to say anyways.

He tuned mostly into Will and Kristen's conversation, and scoffed quietly when he started teasing June about sharing a bed with Ranboo so he could have the other one.

"I share one with him normally, it wasn't a big deal," June mumbled to himself.

Kristen clearly heard it, based on her small smile, but she didn't comment, which June was glad for.

Tommy was quickly getting bored of just talking, so he suggested they all go an arcade that was nearby.

He vlogged with his phone the whole way, keeping June out of frame as best he could as per his request.

Ranboo let June borrow one of his face masks, neither of them wanting strangers to recognize their friends and know how they looked. June held Ranboo's hand the whole walk, trying to ignore the anxiety that was starting to cause a stomachache.

Wilbur was trying to keep a straight face while Tommy cracked jokes at him, and was almost successful until June asked Tommy to repeat one and poked Will in the side, where he knew he was a little ticklish to make him laugh.

June was enjoying himself with them, but the nagging fear of being recognized was keeping him from moving from Ranboo's side. He was sure by now that the rest of them had noticed, as well as Tom probably getting it on camera, but he couldn't make himself let go. The arcade was loud and overwhelming, and he was starting to feel like he couldn't breathe.

Kristen, being the wonderful and amazing internet mum she is, noticed, and offered to bring him outside, which was accepted immediately.

June pulled the mask from his face, trying to take deep breaths.

"Sorry you had to come out here with me," June said quietly, voice cracking a couple times.

Kristen put a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Don't apologize, I offered."

June frowned, but didn't argue. He still felt bad.

They sat there together for another ten or twenty minutes before the rest of them came out, laughing and smiling.

June felt guilt pang through his chest again. Kristen could've been laughing with them if he had just declined her offer.

He fell to the back of them, suddenly not having the energy to keep up with Ranboo's longer legs anymore. The walk back to the Airbnb seemed longer.

He couldn't stop comparing himself to the guys around him. His chest felt heavy, both from the weight of his unwanted breasts and from his low energy affecting his mood.

He squished himself into the corner of the couch, clenching his hands into the hoodie he was wearing as he tried to stop thinking about why he was wearing this hoodie.

"Your real name is Sophie?" Tommy asked him quietly, turning to the smaller boy.

June's eyes widened as he was snapped from his stupor. "What?" he asked lowly, eyes nervously glancing to the other side of Tommy where Ranboo was on his phone, texting someone.

Tommy pointed at Ranboo's phone, and June felt sick. Of course he knew that Tommy would find out sooner or later, but he didn't want anyone else to know that didn't already.

"No," June muttered, standing up. "Um. I'm really tired, so I think I'm gonna take a nap."

Kristen gave June a friendly smile and waved as he passed, not having seen ot heard anything that happened.

June ignored the couple pairs of eyes he knew were following him back, and curled up in the bed he had been sharing with Ranboo. Hearing Tommy say his deadname hurt, and he didn't know why. It wasn't like Tommy knew the weight behind it.

It was a harmless question. A question that never should have been asked, yes, but a harmless one nonetheless.

So why did it make June feel so shitty?

~

June woke up in Ranboo's arms, surprise, surprise. He could see that Wilbur was asleep in the other bed in the room like last night, and he hoped that Kristin and Phil had stayed the night as well. He didn't want to miss saying goodbye to them.

He laid in bed for a while, then eventually got up. He could hear someone moving around. June quickly discovered that it was Tommy and was feeling a very strong sense of deja vu.

Maybe if he..

"Tom?" June whispered.

The boy in question jumped a little, scared by the sudden voice. "How'd you walk silently? I didn't hear you at all."

"Practice." June cleared his throat quietly. "Will you come with me to the roof to stargaze?"

Tom smiled. "I'd love to."

June smiled back, and he went up the side of the house just like he had in his dream, ending it with sitting flushed up against Tommy.

He tried to ignore the urge, but June wanted to hold Tommy's hand so badly.

June looked up to see Tommy already looking at him. He softly laced their fingers together without anymore hesitation.

They weren't even looking at the stars anymore, just each other. They both leant in, worries running through June's head a mile a minute before their lips pressed together. And this time, it wasn't all in June's head.

gn <3