Chapter 16

idk I'm on a roll 🛸

Friday
12:44PM

"Fuck — Noah, pssst!"

Silence.

"Noah, hey, wake up!"

Noah stirs in his sleep, moaning softly. There's a warm body laying next to him — Josiah. He snuggles up to the older guy just for his name to be called again. He doesn't want to wake up yet. Josiah and him went to bed pretty late last night and his body is still recharging from the sex they had. Who knew multiple rounds would have him feeling this tired?

"Noah,"

"Josie, stop. I'm tired."

"It's Lani, not Josiah. Wake up because Princeton is here." Lolani whisper yells.

Hearing his ex-boyfriend's name leave Lolani's mouth has Noah become wide awake immediately. What day is it? And what's the time? He sits up and frantically searches for his phone only to hear a thud seconds later. The sound causes Josiah to stir in his sleep, but he doesn't wake up. Noah reaches for his phone and picks it up to look at the day and time. It's Friday, 12:44PM.

iMessage
Princeton
Boarding my plane rn, be there soon. – 5 hours ago

"Fuck!" Noah curses softly.

Lolani shakes his head. "Fuck indeed, baby." He comments. This is going to have an ugly outcome if he doesn't step in and handle things for his best friend. He knew this was bound to happen soon, just not this soon. "Do you want me to tell him you don't want to see him anymore? Because you know I gladly will. I can even tell him the baby ain't his since I know you haven't done that yet."

Noah looks at Josiah when Lolani says that to see if he's still asleep. The older guy still is. "Don't be so loud, I don't need him to find out." He whisper yells at his best friend, referring to Josiah. "And no, I'll talk to Prince myself. Tell him I'll be there in a minute."

"Hm," Lolani hums disapprovingly. "Are you back with him?"

"No, I'm not." Noah sighs. "But it's complicated, though.."

"If you say so... I'm leaving my bedroom door open because I'm definitely beating his ass if he puts his hands on you again this time."

"He won't, but thank you."

Noah carefully gets out of bed when Lolani leaves and quickly puts on some clothes before sneaking out of his room, to the bathroom. Thank the universe for making Josiah such a deep sleeper — sneaking out has always been an easy task. He quickly brushes his teeth and washes his face, making himself look decent before facing Princeton. He really wants to go back and lay down; his stomach feels surprisingly funny, but he'll worry about that later. It's probably morning sickness or him being hungry. The yellow Nike hoodie he's wearing is way too big for him, only for him to realize that it's the one Josiah was wearing last night. Noah mentally curses himself as he puts his hair in a bun. He doubts Princeton will notice.

"Hey.." Noah greets when he finds Princeton waiting in the hallway. His ex-boyfriend looks up at him, giving him a look the minute he sees that he isn't dressed. "I know, I know, we were supposed to go out for lunch. I'm sorry. But I was tired and I overslept. I even missed my nine A.M. class." He quickly apologizes before Princeton can say anything.

Princeton inhales deeply before exhaling slowly. "Noah, I came down here because Romeo is celebrating his birthday, not for you necessarily. But you're pregnant and we agreed to work things out for the baby. Do you really want to do this or not? Because I don't need you wasting my time." He remarks impatiently.