Chapter 6

Pregaming with his friends wasn't a good idea. At least, not for Noah. For a split second he forgot how much of a rookie he is and can't handle liquor. All he's had so far are three shots of vodka and they have only just arrived to the location where the party is being held — a frat house. There's music coming from inside and it's clearly packed, but there are plenty of people outside as well. Some of those people being the other half of their group of friends.

Noah simply let's Lolani drag him to their other they occasionally hangout with. A pair of familiar dark brown eyes meet his own and he smiles a little when he's greeted with a subtle wink and grin. Making eye contact, a wink and offering a small smile is how Josiah and him always greet each other. It's something between them that kind of just happened when their group of friends started hanging out together. They usually automatically gravitate towards each other as time passes only to spend the rest of the day or night together.

Being too deep in his thoughts, and too distracted by Josiah winking and smiling at him, Noah doesn't even notice Lolani letting go off him. His body collides with somebody else's, spilling whatever beverage that was in their cup to spill all over him.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry!" Noah apologizes right away. His shirt and bare stomach are wet. He looks up at the tall figure in front of him that's three times his size. Some unknown guy with grey-green eyes, a light stubble and his long hair combed back in a low ponytail is looking at him. There's a small smile on his face and currently, Noah is at a loss for words. "Uh.. I– I mean, uh.."

"It's okay," The guy assures. "It was bound to happen at some point in the night. At least it happened by you."

A soft snort comes from Noah. "I bet you say this to every other person that walks into you." He jokes lightheartedly. Is he flirting? Was that a flirt? It feels like he's flirting, but he didn't mean to. He really just meant it as a joke yet, he giggled as he said that. Something tells him he just flirted with this complete stranger and it feels good.

"Only to the cute ones." The guy smiles as he subtly yet shamelessly checks Noah out. There's something about the shorter guy that makes him insanely attracted to him. "I'm Adonis." He says, introducing himself when his eyes meet Noah's.

Noah bites his bottom lips as his eyes lock with Adonis' making it impossible for him to look away. "I– I'm N—"

"Noah, let's go, we're going inside." Valentine says as he comes up to his friend. Adonis catches his attention and he offers him a smile. "Hey Adonis."

"Hey, uh.. Valentine, right?"

"The one and only. I see you finally met Noah."

Adonis raises his eyebrows and looks over at Noah who's obviously lost as to how Valentine and him already know each other. "So you're the infamous Noah who flaked on the trip to Cancun and I got to replace. I finally get to meet you." He jokes, making Valentine laugh. Noah, on the other hand, just looks at him with a blank face. "Not funny? Noted."

Valentine snorts. "Anyway — your brother and his friends are staying out here, we're going inside. We'll see you around." He starts pulling Noah with him, heading towards the frat house.

While Valentine drags him to where their friends are, Noah finds himself looking over his shoulder. A pair of grey-green eyes meet his own and the person who they belong to winks at him. He softly chuckles to himself and looks ahead of him again.

Who is this new guy Adonis?

__

A soft giggle comes from Noah when Josiah whispers something in his ear. Both of them are buzzing thanks to the amount of drinking they've been doing on Noah finally being single. They're sitting close to each other, talking softly among themselves. Like always they gravitated towards each other without the intention to leave the other alone. Their friends are off somewhere while the two of them are sitting outside on the steps of the porch in the backyard, catching some much needed fresh air.