Chapter 26

Friday
11:32AM

"What's up with the sunglasses?" Lolani laughs when Noah sits down at the table he's sitting at with Trinity. He gasps at the sight of the very visible dark red bruise in Noah's neck. "And was Josiah trying to eat the skin off your neck or what?"

"Not you two still fucking with each other." Trinity comments followed by a snort. "That nigga was with Valentine just two days ago."

Noah shushes his best friends, quietly begging them to talk softer. Not that any of that would help since everything seems to be louder that usual. "I'm hungover," He admits. "Really hungover. There was half a bottle of Hennessy and an unopened bottle of tequila standing in the kitchen so we decided to play some stupid drinking game since Lani wouldn't be coming home anymore." He says, referring to last night. "We ended up getting really drunk and obviously we had sex. Really good sex. I just can't remember if we used a condom."

"Aren't you on birth control?" Lolani raises an eyebrow at his best friend.

"I am," Noah picks up the menu laying on the table. "But, like Trinity said, he was with Valentine just two days ago and I'm pretty sure they're still fucking. They're not always using a condom either, so..."

Lolani pulls a face. "Yikes."

Trinity shakes her head with a fond smile on her face. "I can't believe you went from being the innocent virgin who never touched a dick in his life to being a drunk hoe forgetting about condoms. All within three months. I'm so proud." She pretends to wipe a tear away, causing Lolani to cackle. "You really needed that breakup from Princeton. Being single looks good on you, baby."

"See, I have to agree with that." Lolani chimes in. "You've changed, but in a good way. Very much in a zero tolerance to niggas and their bullshit way. Princeton did you good by doing what he did."

"Gee, thanks. Good to hear that the shit my ex-boyfriend put me through is doing me good." Noah sarcastically remarks, making Trinity and Lolani giggle. He takes his sunglasses off and slides them up in his hair, making the skull splitting headache he's having even worse. "But enough about me, more about you two. How was your date night with Ant last night?"

A smile grows on Lolani's face. "It was whatever." He shrugs, trying to be nonchalant, but the smile on his face tells his friends something else. Noah and Trinity start cooing, making him shy. "At first he took me to a spa because I've been telling him how I wanted to relax and go away for a while, but you know, classes. Then he took me to the park where he actually put together a candle lit dinner picnic, which was really cute. After that we went back to his and had sex for the first time again."

Noah raises his eyebrows at Lolani. "You mean to tell me Anthony and you haven't been having sex since..."

"We officially got together." Lolani says, the smile on his face never leaving. "I never thought we'd end up together, but here we are. He really proved himself to me the past couple of weeks."

"I get one hoe and lose another," Trinity tuts her tongue. "I can't believe Anthony took my main hoe off the streets. You're my main hoe now, you better not disappoint me." She tells Noah.

"I'm going on a date with Adonis tonight." Noah answers while looking at the menu in his hands. Food should help him get rid of this headache. He looks up from the menu when he notices how quiet Trinity and Lolani are. "What?"

Lolani looks at Trinity then back at Noah. "You're going on a date with Adonis?"

"After you done had your guts rearranged by Josiah?" Trinity gives Noah a look.

Noah sighs. "Last night and this morning was the last time Josiah and I hooked up. We're no longer doing the friends with benefits thing, I'm sticking to Adonis. It's cool. Everything's cool as long as Adonis doesn't find out about Josiah and I." He looks between his two friends. "We're just friends now and Adonis and I are keeping things casual, nothing serious."