Chapter 22

02:11AM

Handling alcohol is something Noah has never been good at. He get's drunk way too fast and he never knows when to stop because the drinks he likes are the sweet kinds. The kinds that taste like juice and makes a person keep drinking until they can no longer see or walk straight.

Right now he's finishing what seems like his tenth cup of jungle juice. Trinity had shoved it into his hands after they did three tequila shots in a row. The two of them have been getting drunk together since it's just them who are still single in their group of friends. They were supposed to stay together all night, but Noah lost her a couple of minutes ago. He does remember Trinity telling him about going over to some guy she used to hook up with, but he stopped listening halfway through. One of his favorite songs started playing, he started dancing with two girls he knows from around campus and before he knew Trinity was gone. Not that he minds. He knows Lolani probably told her to stay near him to keep him away from Josiah.

The thought of Josiah makes Noah angry. He managed to forget about the older guy for most of the day and night by keeping himself distracted. He didn't think of Josiah all day because he spent three hours running track and after that he rearranged his entire room. By the time it was time for Anthony's party he was pregaming with the girls and entertaining himself with Adonis by randomly sending half naked pictures of himself. Then, once he arrived at the party, he wished Anthony a happy birthday and went straight to finding Adonis. Not long after Trinity dragged him away so they could get drunk together. But now he's all on his own, drunk with Josiah on his mind and angry. He should go find Adonis or one of his friends again.

It's packed in the frat house the party is being held at and Noah has to push himself through a sea of people. It takes a little longer than he normally would because drunk him feels the need to dance with about just anyone, flirt with some random guy and exchange numbers, do a random shot that gets pushed in his hand and at last dance some more. He makes his way out of the crowd a while later and decides to go to another part of the house.

The first person Noah's eyes land on when he gets there is Adonis who's back is facing him. He goes over to the other guy and wraps his arms around Adonis from behind. Maybe he should just stay with Adonis from now on.

Adonis smiles when he sees it's Noah who's hugging him. "Hey," He greets the shorter guy as he puts an arm around him and presses a kiss against his cheek. Noah greets him back softly and he chuckles lowly. "Look at you. You're drunk as fuck."

"Am not," Noah denies with a drunken giggle only for Adonis o give him a look. "Okay, maybe just a little."

"Just a little, hm." Adonis repeats with a smile. Noah nods at him, making him laugh. He bends down and presses a chaste but lingering kiss on Noah's lips before speaking again. "If you say so."

Noah licks his lips after Adonis kisses him, feeling himself starting to blush. There's something so attractive and charming about Adonis that has him captured since the day they first met. Adonis constantly leaves him wanting more and more from him despite there being zero interest to start dating or anything from his side. It's hard to understand what he feels, but Noah likes it. The feeling is refreshing and helps him forget about Josiah.

"You two are disgusting."

The comment has Noah snapping out of whatever bubble Adonis and him were in. For a split second he completely forgot he had rudely interrupted Adonis' conversation with whoever. Looking around him Noah quickly realizes Adonis isn't talking with just anyone, he's talking to their mutual friends. They did all that in front of their friends — again. Anthony and Lolani, who the comment came from, are standing disgustingly close to each other. Then there are Rayn and Zoie who are standing next to each other despite being together. Gideon and Ray are having a conversation on their own despite standing near them.