Chapter 2

ayo 🧍🏽‍♀️

"A broken heart is all that's left.
I'm still fixing all the cracks."

——

"The nigga really said don't sweat it?" Josiah laughs from next to Noah. "I'm sorry, but he don't seem to give a single fuck. Sounds like he's been cheating for a while to me."

They're laying on Josiah's bed because that's what Noah wanted, he wanted to lay down. Surprisingly he hasn't cried yet. Not a single tear has been shed and Noah wonders why. Is he okay? Maybe it's because he kind of already knew that Princeton wasn't faithful to him. There have been so many questionable things he ignored and pretended not to be aware of while they were together last summer.

For instance the questionable bruises Princeton had when they first saw each other again after months. Princeton said the bruises were an allergic reaction to mosquito bites and Noah accepted that answer, but he knew better. Then there was that time that he caught Princeton talking to some guy on Instagram that he had never heard of before. Princeton swore they were just friends, but the messages between them and pictures that were sent begged to differ. Again, Noah knew better than to accept that lie as an answer. Another time he overheard Princeton's conversation on the phone. Princeton probably thought he was sleeping that night, but he wasn't. Noah heard every single thing that Princeton had said. From missing the other person's body to hearing Princeton say that he can't wait to fill whoever he was talking to up again.

Noah can't believe he willingly choose to be so blind and stupid. And to think that he lost his virginity to someone who he thought loved and respected him and was going to do so for the rest of their lives. That stupid night wasn't even special. It was painful and quick, but he felt pressured because he felt like he wasn't giving Princeton what he should have been giving him for the past two years. Everything was always so innocent and vanilla between them because Noah just wasn't ready for sex. He was too young, according to himself and a relationship shouldn't revolve around it either. There was a point he was trying to prove; the point being that he can have and keep a guy without sex and acts of it.

The outcome proved him otherwise just tonight.

It's not like he felt special or better than those who have been having sex and embracing their sexuality, but it did kind of give him a bit of an ego boost. Especially when Princeton would brag to his friends about how proud and good he feels to know that no other guy has had Noah before. Princeton swore they had a special bond because of it and that no one could break what they have. He didn't want Noah hanging out with people who could taint him or guys that could try and steal him away. According to Princeton he was pure, delicate, soft and everything many other guys wish they could have and call theirs. He was Princeton's most prized possession.

Thinking about it now, Noah realizes how controling and manipulative all those things really sound. His friends had been warning him, telling him that it's never that deep in relationships unless the other is trying to be controlling. He was so in denial, so blind, so delusional. All Noah feels now is embarrassed.

''He has been..'' Noah confirms softly. A soft snort comes from Josiah, one that loudly but silently tells him that he told him so. And it's true. Josiah did tell him so. He sighs and turns his head to the older guy. ''I owe you an apology.''

''Nah, don't worry about it. You're in love with the nigga and was defending your relation—"

''You were looking out for me and I acted like a real asshole.'' Noah sits up when Josiah does so and stops him from getting up. If it's one thing he has learned the past year, it's that Josiah hates sentimental conversations and apologies. He tends to make an exception for Noah because of how sensitive he is, but that's not always the case. Tonight being one of those nights. ''No, wait, don't try and walk away. I know you hate these type of things, but hear me out.''