Chapter 11

AYE🕴🏼

It's been two days since Josiah has seen or spoken to Noah. He has texted Noah a couple of times and tried calling him but the younger guy won't return any of his calls. Even when they all hung out yesterday, his group of friends and Noah's, Noah himself wasn't there. Noah had been feeling sick and decided to stay home, according to Lolani. Josiah tried to go and check on Noah, see what's going on, but Lolani stopped him. Eventually Valentine and the rest interfered too, leaving him with no choice but to leave Noah alone. He texted the younger guy one last time late last night, but until now still no answer.

Josiah exhales deeply as he looks at his chat with Noah. A soft snort comes from him as he sees that Noah did read his messages. The time Noah read his messages was early this morning at 05:45AM, a time he wakes up for track practice. Josiah kisses his teeth and tosses his phone in the passenger's seat. He tried with Noah. His eyes land on a neatly folded sheet of paper lying on the floor of his car on the passenger's side. He picks it up before unfolding it to see what it is.

Unease washes over Josiah's entire body as he reads what's written on the paper. It can't be. This is impossible. There's no way what he's reading is real. Someone has to be messing with him because this can't be real — he's sure this piece of paper wasn't laying in his car before. It's impossible that he has overlooked it for the past two days when he keeps his car clean.

Resentment soon replaces the unease he's feeling as he reads the words on the paper over and over again. Josiah doesn't understand. He's so angry right now. His eyes catch a familiar figure heading towards his car and he quickly folds the paper before putting it in the glove compartment. This is something he'll deal with later.

"Hey bro, what's up?" Anthony greets as he gets in Josiah's car. "You good? You look about as pissed as Hell. Is it Valentine again? I told you to let that thing go. I know the sex is good, but nigga... You look stressed." He laughs.

Anthony's laugh is ridiculously contagious and the comment he makes doesn't help any better. He never fails to crack Josiah up, even when he's mad. "Man," He laughs a little before kissing his teeth. "I wish it was Valentine this time."

"It ain't?" Anthony asks, taken by surprise. "If it ain't Valentine who has you stressed, then who is it?" He gasps. "Is it the one from our trip after Cancun? I told you to take a condom from me, but you were too horny to listen to me. Now look at you, making me an uncle of a one nightstand baby conceived in a house full of niggas. No love, no nothing. I don't think Imma be able to love that baby, I'm sorry."

Josiah gives Anthony a look as he goes on and on about not being ready to become an uncle. "Man, shut up." He tells his best friend after a couple of seconds. Anthony does as he says and he shakes his head. "I used a condom with that one. I always use a condom."

"Except," Anthony says loudly. "With Valentine." He reminds his best friend. Josiah glares at him and he laughs. "Did you pull out, though? I'm dead ass not ready to become an uncle."

"I'm not about to have this conversation with you." Josiah starts his car and drives out of the parking spot so can get to the other side of campus. ''And that's not how pulling out works, dumbass. That method barely ever works anyway.''

"Damn, papi, I'm just trying to crack you up, make you laugh. You're always so angry. What's wrong with you, my guy? If it ain't Valentine or any of the other hoes you're fucking or have fucked, then who is it?"

"It's no one, it's nothing. Don't worry about it."

Anthony eyes Josiah for a split second before looking ahead of him, out of the windshield. "Noah still ain't text you back, huh?" He asks.