Chapter 8

lmao its been a month I'm really sorry
pls read back to fresh up your memory
ily & thanks for reading

The sound of a door swinging open followed by voices interrupts the silence in the apartment. Noah closes the fridge after getting a bottle of water out of it. He woke up from a nap not too long ago. After reading Princeton's messages on Snapchat he ended up crying himself to sleep. His head is pounding from the hangover he has and his heart is aching from the things Princeton said. He's hungry too, but he doesn't really know what to eat yet. He'll ask Lolani since he's home. Maybe they can go out to eat.

That is if Lolani is in the mood to go out in the first place. From the sound of his voice, Lolani sounds annoyed and it's all because of the person that's with him.

"Come on Lani, don't be like this. Shit was good between us just minutes ago."

"Yeah, shit was good because I didn't know you still had a boyfriend, Anthony!"

Anthony kisses his teeth. "Man," He begins. "Here you go again, blowing things out of proportion and being dramatic. I'm not with him."

"You're not with him but he's still texting you and calling you bae and shit." Lolani snorts with his arms crossed over his chest. He eyes Anthony in a bid to hold his gaze. Much to his annoyance Anthony keeps looking away from him. "When was the last time you were with him?"

"Why does it matter?"

"It matters because I'd like to know if you were fucking him while you were also fucking me."

"I'm not doing this shit with you." Anthony says, kissing his teeth again. "I'll see you when I see you."

"When was the last time you were with him, Anthony?" Lolani repeats again when Anthony turns away from him. "Answer me. Is he why you couldn't call me back before the party yesterday?" He continues to interrogate. He already knows the answer.

Anthony runs a hand over his face, exhaling deeply full of annoyance. "Lani, come on man. You met me while I was with him. Why—"

"With or without a condom?"

"I don't know? We've been together for three years. I can't remember. Who cares. You know I'm clean."

"I thought you weren't together?" Lolani raises an eyebrow. Anthony tries to explain himself but he couldn't be bothered to hear what the other guy has to say. "I don't want to hear it, just get out. I'm done with you."

"Lani, wait— Fuck." Anthony curses when Lolani slams his bedroom door shut and locks it. He angrily punches the air as he continues to curse underneath his breath. His eyes land on Noah who steps out of the kitchen and he clears his throat before pulling himself together. "If it isn't the king of ghosting all his friends, what's up? I haven't seen you in a while." He jokes.

Noah offers Anthony a small smile, it's an ungenuine one. He knows Anthony doesn't mean harm by calling 'the king of ghosting' but the comment doesn't sit him right. "Hey Ant.." He greets softly. "Sorry about that. The ghosting, I mean. Uh.. I– I guess you guys aren't going to let me live this down for a while, huh?"

Anthony shrugs as he pats himself down. "I'm fucking with you, I couldn't care less if you ghosted me or not. Imma be cool with you regardless. It's Josiah you should be worried about." He fishes a pack of cigarettes out of the pocket of his jeans and takes one out. It's the last one. "Do you happen to have a lighter on you?"

"I don't smoke." Noah says while furrowing his eyebrows. "Why is it Josiah I should be worried about?"

"See, this is a sign that I should stop smoking for real this time." Anthony says after patting himself down to find a lighter. "But it's that best friend of yours that stresses me the fuck out and makes me want to smoke a whole pack in one sitting. He has me stressed. If he only knew how much I love him, maybe then he would stop tripping and acting crazy all the time." He huffs while putting the cigarette away. "Talk to him for me?"