Chapter 12

man idk
just read
love

"Eight damned weeks." Josiah says as he enters his apartment. Annoyance is very evident in his voice and the more he thinks about Noah being pregnant, the more annoyed he becomes. "You've been pregnant for eight fucking weeks and not once did you think of telling me, not fucking once! Some fucking nerve you have, sitting in my car and telling me you're not keeping it without telling me it's mine. Here I was thinking it's that bum ass boyfriend of yours who got you pregnant, telling you that you should tell him because he deserves to know. Just for me to figure out it's fucking me who got you pregnant." He rants while turning the lights on in the hallway. Noah's silence is killing him, it's frustrating him. He turns around to face the younger guy who's quietly standing with his back against the front door.

There are obvious tears in Noah's eyes but he's not crying. Not anymore at least. Noah looks away from Josiah, not knowing what to say. They were quiet the entire way back to Josiah's after his confession. Josiah hadn't said a word while he drove except for the occasional cussing and angrily hitting the steering wheel which caused Noah to flinch every now and then. It wasn't until they were standing in the elevator that Josiah started going off as if reality only hit him just then.

This is why Noah didn't want to say anything about the thing growing inside him. He knew it would lead to Josiah and him arguing for some reason. Neither of them wants a child right now, especially not with each other. They're just friends. Whatever Josiah is worked up about is only going to cause a strain between them and their friendship. Noah would like to understand why Josiah is this worked up in the first place. It's not like he said he wants to keep the baby. In fact, he'd rather have this thing removed right now if he could. Unfortunately the doctor is forcing him to have a ten day thinking period before making a final decision. Though, he's already very confident about what he decided.

"Noah, fucking say something." Josiah almost begs in a frustrated voice. The younger guy looks away from him and shakes his head which makes something explode inside of Josiah. "Talk to me! Fucking speak to me and stop shutting me out!" He yells at the top of his lungs. He punches the wall near him out of anger and frustration before letting out a cry off pain. "Fuck." He expresses softly, clenching his fist. That's going to bruise.

Noah looks at Josiah and sniffs as he quickly wipes the single tear that had rolled down his cheek. All this because he's pregnant, it's ridiculous. "What do you want to hear from me?" He asks in a strained voice. "I'm pregnant and I'm not fucking keeping it. You can stop throwing a tantrum and being mad over the fact that I'm pregnant."

Josiah sucks his teeth at what Noah says as he clenches and unclenches his hand. It needs to be iced. "I'm not mad about you being pregnant, Noah." He sighs deeply, now talking normally in a calm voice. His hand is hurting badly. "I'm mad because you didn't tell me shit. Not telling me you're pregnant is one thing, but not telling me it's me who you're pregnant by is another. On top of that you were going to have it removed without my knowledge. When were you going to tell me?"

"Never." Noah crosses his arms over his chest and looks away from Josiah.

"Why not?"

"Because it wouldn't have mattered, Josiah."

"Maybe not to you, but to me it would. That's a part of me growing inside you."

"Oh, please," Noah rolls his eyes and looks at Josiah. "Did it matter to you when it was Valentine who you got pregnant? Fourteen weeks is a lot different from eight, if you ask me. And yet he went to have one without a fuss. You couldn't care less about it being a part of you back then. What makes it different with me?"