Rule 21 | Don't tease your roommate in front of their friends.

APPARENTLY, JEON JUNGKOOK wasn't as much of a jerk as I'd thought him to be

I smiled to myself, quietly replaying the words he had said to me last night inside my head. The sheer sincerity of his soft reassurance had shocked me just as much as it had overwhelmed me.

"Seriously Y/N, just spill already," Makenzie demanded all of a sudden, fixing me with an accusatory look as she dramatically blocked my way with her entire body.

"Spill what?" I echoed, confused. It wasn't exactly the easiest to predict what went through her mind sometimes.

"Well, whatever you're thinking that is making you smile so much." She responded quickly, refusing to budge from her place. "At first I thought that maybe it was because of that girl who accidentally wore pyjamas to class today but nope, that wasn't even that funny." She eyed me knowingly, before continuing. "You've been smiling to yourself the entire morning and I'm dying to know why. Because this behaviour though totally not normal looks extremely adorable on you." She squealed, her expression turning more eager with every word that left her mouth. She finally took a deep breath. "So now, quickly, spill. I'm dying of curiosity!"

I stared at her dumbfounded. Was she a psychic or what? I was pretty sure I had been discreet enough while thinking about Jungkook. I hadn't even thought about him that many times, and she was most definitely exaggerating just to serve her purpose of getting a confession out of me.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Makenzie." I feigned ignorance, keeping a straight face. "There's nothing to spill."

Makenzie laughed in disbelief. "You really expect me to believe that? I know something happened for sure!" She exclaimed as a mischievous smile slowly crept up her lips. "It's written all across your face! And I'm ready to bet a hundred bucks that it's about Jungkook sunbae. Tell me if I'm wrong."

"I can tell you're especially hungry today, Makenzie. It's making you come up with all kinds of nonsense." I rolled my eyes playfully, trying to avoid the conversation but the girl was stubborn as hell.

She gripped my arm as I made an effort to walk past her, her impish smile widening. "Ooh, you're not denying it."

I blushed. "There's nothing to deny."

"Fine," She suddenly shrugged, linking arms with me as we started walking again. "I guess I'm going to find out eventually, even if you don't tell me." She fluttered her eyelashes at me slowly, flashing me a sweet but naughty smirk. "Because I'm going to ask Jungkook sunbae whether he happens to the know the reason behind your covert little smiles at lunch."

"What? No!" I stared at her scandalised. "You can't do that."

"Oh but I can. And I will." She stuck her tongue out at me and skipped ahead before I could catch her.

Jungkook had left a note for me this morning saying that he would meet me at lunch and while I already knew that we would be eating together, I didn't expect to see him sitting with four other guys on the table that Makenzie had already made herself comfortable on. And for some reason, the only unoccupied seat was the one right opposite to his.