Rule 85 | Never ask your roommate to think.

"YOU HAD AN apartment so close to the university?" I turned to look at Jungkook as he drove into the building's dedicated parking space, coming to a smooth halt near one of the entrances

"I did, yeah." He nodded, smirking at me as we waited for the automatic gate barriers to slide open. "Surprised?"

"Not really." I mumbled quietly, shaking my head.

I was. But only a little bit. Knowing how rich his family was, and how much generational wealth he already possessed thanks to his late grandmother, I guess it wasn't completely a surprise that he had an apartment all to himself in one of the most expensive areas of Seoul. But he didn't need to know that.

"But I am confused." I told him honestly.

"Why?" His response was instantaneous even though his eyes remained focused ahead, trying to search for the perfect spot to park his car and I realised, it was small things like this that showed me just how well-attuned he was to me. To my voice and my needs. Because no matter what he was doing, he never let them go unheard or unacknowledged.

Whether it was him following me around to pick a fight about my dishonest behaviour, only to quickly end up discovering my fear of men, or immediately offering me his shirt or jacket whenever he noticed even the slightest bit of discomfort on my face, or even that one time when he just knew to take out the claw clip from my hair before he pushed me up against the wall to kiss the life out of me, I had always been at the very centre of his massive sphere of attention and the sudden realisation hit me harder than I thought it would.

"Because wh-why would you choose to live at the dorm," I responded, suddenly stumbling over my own words from my rapidly quickening heartbeat. "I-If you had a perfectly nice apartment all to yourself right here, you know?"

If this luxuriously wide, brightly-lit parking with at least ten security guards in sight was any indication, there was no way Jungkook's apartment was going to be anything less than downright opulent.

"I just wanted to get a first-hand experience of the real college dorm life, I guess." He shrugged, pausing to look at me with a subtle tongue-in-cheek grin as I rolled my eyes good-naturedly before playfully shoving at his shoulder.

God, that was such a spoilt rich brat response.

"What a liar!" I exclaimed, laughter escaping me as he grabbed my hand to cradle it in his lap, holding it with both of his.

"But really," he continued, still grinning. "I just wanted to find out how I would like living with a stranger. Someone with extremely peculiar eating and sleeping habits who would eventually either become one of the most important people in my life or perhaps the bane of my existence because of how much they made me worry about their overall well-being."

My cheeks burned.

"Shut up," I blinked rapidly, the fingers of my free hand tightening into the hem of his t-shirt which rested along my thighs as I tried to come up with an apt response to that. "M-My eating and sleeping habits are not peculiar!"