Rule 15 | Never pretend to kiss your roommate.

LOUD MUSIC THUMPED and echoed around the open space, deflecting off of the surrounding buildings and nearly drowning out any other sound as I walked into a thick crowd of dancing bodies, hand-in-hand with Mackenzie

"Looks like someone's already got the attention of all the hot guys," Mackenzie shouted into my ear, quickening her footsteps so she could pull me into a twirl.

I laughed as I let her twirl me around effortlessly before pulling my hair that had stuck onto my lip gloss out of my face. "Looks like that someone is you."

"Hell no, gorgeous." Mackenzie rolled her eyes playfully. "4 o'clock, to your right. A total hottie's been checking you out since the minute we arrived."

I didn't bother looking. The last thing I wanted was boys staring at me. Nor did I exactly have the best experience being eye candy for perverted guys who probably just wanted a one time hump and dump.

"I don't care who's checking me out," I laughed nervously, trying not to appear anxious. "-as long as they are not trying to look up my skirt or anything."

Mackenzie giggled. "You can't blame him for trying and size you up, Y/N. You're freaking gorgeous. And if I were a guy, I'd totally be checking out your cute little ass as well."

"Wha-" I stared at her in dismay, unsure how to respond. She didn't really say that, didn't she?

Apparently, she did. And as crazy as it was, looking at her solemn expression it didn't seem like she was joking either.

"You're insane," I stated finally, grinning as Mackenzie broke out into laughter of her own.

"What? I totally would! You're hot." She shrugged as I nudged her hard.

"Stop it. That's enough compliments for one day," I giggled as Mackenzie blew small kisses at me before grabbing my hands and pulling me into the midst of the dancing students, a genuinely wide grin sitting atop her sweet, youthful face.

"Come on. Dance with me!" She laughed, beckoning me over the din of the music as she enthusiastically grooved to the rollicking music, spiritedly swaying her body to the ragingly loud EDM tunes.

"I would if I wasn't scared of flashing someone in this ridiculously short dress!" I exclaimed, consciously tugging the lace hem downwards with one hand. Honestly, the dress wasn't actually that short but it had been years since I'd worn a skirt that didn't reach at least to my knees.

Ever since I'd realised that my legs were something that men could sexually objectify, I'd developed a strong resistance to the idea of wearing anything that showed my legs off despite short skirts being largely accepted as cute and fashionable all over the country.