Thirty Four.

Elliana

When we all got back to Fernando's house, I took a super long shower and when I got out, I went to the balcony to smoke. 

I don't smoke cigarettes. Or I didn't. I just needed something stronger than nicotine and all I could think of was Enzo's pack. 

I took a couple puffs out of the cigarette and once I was almost done with it, I burnt it out onto the ash tray and placed it on there. I leaned against the balcony railing and looked up at the stars.

I miss my mom. I miss the good side of my dad. I miss the old Silas. I miss Tarra. I miss how happy my family used to be. Why me? Did God really think I was this strong? 

I can't do this anymore.

I felt tears forming in my eyes and I just let it all out. I let out massive sobs and before I knew it, I was fucking done. 

I am done trying for anything and this is not my fight. 

Enzo deserves to be with someone who has their life together. Tarra deserves a better friend. And I deserve to be where I need to be. 

I got back into my room and took out a pair of black leggings and a black top. I paired that with black combat boots and a black cardigan. 

I quietly made my way out of Fernando's house and told one of the guards to drive me to where the Russians were staying at.

Surprisingly enough, they didn't question it and took me there.

Two hours later

I kept thudding my left leg up and down and biting my nails. When the driver parked, I got out of the car and knocked on the front door. The place was massive on the outside. It was a black mansion with many cars around the place but it didn't surprise me.

The door was opened by a maid and I walked in and waited for someone to come down.

I am so sorry to everyone for being such a bother.

Lorenzo

I went to have a quick shower and then made my way into Ellie's room. I knocked but she didn't answer so I walked in only to find nobody there. I looked around to see if she had left anything. All of her things were here, and she didn't take anything with her wherever she was. I checked the balcony and saw my pack of cigarettes on the railing. I saw one that clearly had been smoked out by Ellie.

I went back inside and looked around her room and saw a note on her bedside table with my name on it.

'Enzo,

From the bottom of my heart I am truly sorry for everything. 
Out of everybody I have ever met, you of all people taught me the biggest things in my life. 
I know how to fight for myself, I know how to tell people off, but most importantly, I know how to properly love. 
I am so sorry that I have been nothing but a distraction and a burden to you.
Now that I am out of your way, you won't have stupid Russian men out to get you, you won't have to deal with constantly making time for me, and you won't have to deal with my annoying ass.
The time we spent together have been by far the best out of everything I have ever experienced. You Lorenzo De Luca, have taught me more things than my own family has.
Tarra doesn't deserve this at all and I should be in the place that everyone wants me to be in. 
I don't need the protecting and the constant looking out anymore. 
This is my fight and only my fight.
Please don't come looking for me because it's only going to get you hurt.
Just know that whatever happens, Loreanzo De Luca, I love you.

I am so sorry that I was not made as the perfect girl. 

Until we meet again, Elliana May Lightwood.'

My knees hit the floor instantly. 

I didn't know what to do or even what to say. Is this really what's happening? I was at a definite loss of words. 

Ellie was gone.