Twenty One.

Elliana

After we got back, I pretty much passed out immediately. 

I woke up to the sun shining onto my face and groaned out loud. I pulled the covers over my face.

"Good morning sunshine" I heard Enzo from a distance. 

I slid the covers off of my eyes and saw Enzo leaning against the bathroom door with only a towel. 

"Enjoying the view I see" 

I flipped the covers back onto my face.

"It's too early to be up" I groaned.

"No it's the perfect time to be up. You and Tarra both have training today. She's already in the gym and you need to be there in ten"

"HUH" I jumped out of bed. As I was walking into the bathroom, I fluffed Enzo's hair and he glared at me. I winked back at him and went to go brush my teeth.

"You know, if you were anyone else, I would have killed you for even touching me." He said.

"Yeah well in that case I'm glad that I'm me" I winked at him.

After I brushed my teeth, I got into a pair of black leggings and a black sports bra. I put on a pair of sneakers and threw my hair into a ponytail. 

I wandered around the house until I found a back room and when I opened it, there was a ring, a row of punching bags, a gun room, and a knife throwing area. My jaw dropped and I saw Tarra practicing rounds in the gun room with Stefano. 

I warmed up and went towards the knife throwing area and grabbed four black throwing knives. I threw one without really trying and it landed right onto the middle of the dart board.

"What the-" I heard Stefano's voice from behind me.

"Oh sorry I didn't mean to start without you guys." I turned to both of them.

"No because you have skill" Tarra yelled. 

I laughed and turned back onto the board and threw the three others and they all landed somewhere in the middle. 

"That is talent!" Tarra clapped.

"I'm going to try out a couple of guns. You two don't cause too much trouble." I walked into the gun room and picked up a few rounds.

I tried out a few heavy ones and then a couple lighter ones and I can say that AK 47s and Glocks aren't all that bad.

I got out of the gun room and decided to do a few punching rounds as well.

"Ell you're up. And I'm not going easy" Stefano spoke from the ring.

"Stef I am not fighting you." I replied.

"You're right, you're not fighting me. You're fighting him." Stefano pointed to Enzo.

I burst into laughter. "Nice try guys you're very funny"

"Oh we aren't kidding Ellie." Enzo spoke. "I'm still pissed off at you for walking off on me last night"

"Are you for fucking real? You hold too many grudges my God" I got into the ring and looked over at Tarra. She mouthed 'good luck' and I nodded.

"I'll go easy on you this one time tesoro" I rolled my eyes at him. 

He tried to swing at me but I ducked. I managed to hit him once. 

"Come on you can do better than that." Enzo whispered.

"Oh screw you De Luca" I swung and him and my fist collided with his jaw. I could see he was pissed off because he took my arm and practically threw me onto the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL LORENZO?" Tarra shouted.

For a second Enzo looked worried. I winced in pain because he was holding me down on the arm that was bruised from his dad.

Flashback
"I have let you live, for too long my sweet pea. You killed mom and you will live forever with that guilt you bitch" Silas threw me against the wall. I felt my body heat up in pain and before I knew it, I felt another swing.

Enzo let go of my arm and I stood up. I held in tears that wanted to fall down and I ran out of the training room. 

What the hell was going on in the head of his? Did he just suddenly turn everything off? Did I do something wrong? Was he just acting like he cared for that one time? Does he think I'm some super monster that can magically learn how to fight within a fucking day?

"Hey are you okay?" Tarra came up from behind me. She saw tears streaming down my face. 

"I hate him so much Tarra what did I do for him to pull that shit on me?"

"My love it wasn't you. It's just how people train here apparently. I know It's fucked up but Stefano did the same thing to me. Enzo shouldn't have had you down like that but you need to know that this is training."

I wanted to explain to Tarra how every time something happens, I sometimes get a flashback of my dad or Silas but I don't want to make it a big deal so I just nodded.

"I'm going back into the ring to spar with Stefano but just let me know if you need anything okay?" I nodded again and she went back into the gym.

I went up to my room not wanting to do any more training and went into my room. I locked it so that no one would get in an got into the shower. I sat down in the stall and got lost in thought again.

Why do I keep getting these memories or flashbacks of the things that haunted me the most?

Why do these keep happening to me?

Why can't I just let them go?

Why am I such a screwed up mess?