Two.

Elliana

The day was almost over and the bell was only a minute away from ringing. I had plans to study with Tarra after school so I was pretty stoked that I wasn't going straight home. Usually, I go home after 10 to make sure my dad is passed out. Sometimes he won't be but he usually is.

The bell rang and I got up from my seat and headed out to the parking lot to Tarra's car.

"Hey bitch" I scrunched my face at her and she laughed.

"I'm stealing your notes for history because I decided it was nap time in third period" I groaned at her and got into the car.

"Hey do you think you could go home around 8 instead of 10? My mom has some guests coming over."

"Yeah for sure" I covered up my worry with a smile. Tarra doesn't know that the abuse I get from my dad are that violent. I tried my best to make it sound as minor as possible.

Four Hours Later

"I have finally managed to copy every single note on your book to mine and now I won't fail!" Tarra closed her notebook and tossed mine back to me.

"You know if teachers start finding out that you're stealing my notes-"

"Then I would simply tell them you stole them from me?"

I threw a pillow at Tarra's face and we both laughed. There was a knock at Tarra's door.

"Ellie, you gotta hop out in ten my love" Tarra's mom said. I nodded and she shut the door.

Tarra's whole family is freaking beautiful. Her dad's from Belgium and her mom's Serbian. Whenever her family and her talk, they rotate all sorts of languages and it fries my brain up a whole lot.

"I don't want you to go" Tarra groaned.

"I know but we'll still see each other tomorrow so it's not the end of the world" Tarra rolled her eyes. I got my stuff back into my bag and made my way down to her front door.

"Thank you for having me Nina" She gave me a warm smile before I made my way out. Tarra's place isn't too far form mine, so I just walk the 20 minutes. The sun was down and it was pretty cold outside but I didn't mind honestly.

The whole time I was one step closer to home, all I could think of was how I was going to make it to my room without having my dad see me. I pray to God that everything goes okay and I don't have another bruise to cover up for tomorrow. I'm not even religious but I guess I am now.

I peeked my head through the front door and saw the kitchen light on. I heard my dad and Silas laughing together. If only that was about something good. Usually the just laugh about how I'm a peace of shit or basically how much of a bitch I am. I closed the door quietly but of course the door had to creek.

"Elliana" My dad called out. He did not sound happy at all anymore. I locked the door behind me and my hands started to shake as I walked into the kitchen. There were two bottles of whiskey that were now empty and five beer bottles that were also now empty.

"Why are you home so fucking late?! Do you know how long we waited for dinner?!" I looked down the whole time he spoke.

"I'm sorry" My dad grabbed my chin roughly and I hissed.

"Don't ever fucking come home late again or else I'll kill you" He let go and shoved my head down making me fall to the floor.

"LEAVE. I don't want to see your face again" I felt a tears forming.

"Did you not fucking hear dad? Are you fucking deaf as well?!" Silas kicked my side and kept kicking at my ribs.

"GET UP" I heard Silas yell. I quickly got up and ran into my room locking the door behind me. I groaned in pain but managed to get into the bathroom.

About an hour later, I got out of the bathroom. I sat in the bathtub thinking about mom again. I miss her. I sat on my bed and texted Tarra.

'How's you? :)'

'Ugh this is so fucking boring they're all talking about work.'

'Haha, it's okayyy just try not to bore yourself to death too much'

'Will do. See you at school tomorrow :) Volim te'

'Right back at you :)'

I shut my phone off and I was about to sleep until I heard a loud bang against my door.

"OPEN THE DOOR ELLIANA" It was my dad.

I ran up to my door and unlocked it. The door swung open and my dad kicked me right in the stomach.

"You" He kicked me again. I fell onto the floor.

"Caused" He punched me in the face.

"This" He lastly picked me up with his hand on my neck and my back crashed onto the wall. I gasped for air but there was no point.

"Your mother deserved to live. You should have been the one to die!!!"

I couldn't fight to breathe anymore. I was ready to die. He suddenly loosened his grip and I dropped to the floor. I don't get it. My dad used to be such a good man. But after mom died he just changed.

Just when I thought my dad was done, he went in for another kick. I couldn't take it anymore. I got all of the strength I had in me and got up. I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs. I could hear my dad stumbling down the stairs.

"YOU BITCH I WASN'T DONE WITH YOU" I heard him shout as I ran for the door. I ran fast without looking back. I made it out of my street to the main block. I went through a sketchy alleyway and finally stopped to catch my breathe. I felt a sharp pain in my ribs. I grunted in pain and I slid my body down against the wall.

I got my phone out and texted Tarra.

'Can you track my phone and come?'

'Are you okay? Yeah I'll come and get you'

I was about to text her but I heard a familiar voice from a distance.

"ELLIANA" It was Silas. Fuck fuck fuck.

Sorry for the cliffhanger !

Socials-
Instagram - novaelle24
Tiktok - novaelle24_