A New Friend

Zhongli-He/Him  Baizhu-He/Xe  Qiqi-She/Her

Well done to whoever guessed Zhongli correctly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Albedo was surprised to find a new member of faculty as he arrived at work that day. He knew the history department had a vacant position but they'd obviously somehow missed the notice. They'd also missed the part where they had to give the new teacher a tour.

"I assume you're the Albedo Kreideprinz giving me a tour of the school?" The new teacher asked.

"Yes I am. I teach chemistry here. It's nice to meet you." Albedo replied.

The man re adjusted his gloves and shook Albedo's hands.

"I am Zhongli Qingxin. And likewise it is nice to meet you."

They started off their tour rather quietly but got to talking more as Albedo noticed the pride badges on his lanyard.

"I like your pride badges." They said. 

Zhongli faced him and smiled.

"Thank you, my daughters made them for me." 

"You have kids too?" Albedo asked.

"Yes, I have Ganyu, my eldest, Hu Tao and my step-daughter Qiqi. They're all such good girls. I assume you have a child as well?" Zhongli said.

"My little girl's named Klee. I love her with all my heart." 

They finished the tour, chatting about their kids like the proud fathers they are.

"You seem in a good mood Prince." Kaeya said as Albedo walked in to pick Klee up.

"I am. A new colleague and I really get along. He also talks about his kids as much as I do."

Kaeya saw the happy expression on his friend's face and couldn't help but smile too.

"Well I'm glad you're feeling less stressed. You deserve all the dorky dad friends you want. Oh and speaking of new friends, Klee made one today." He replied.

Albedo smiled even more.

"Really? Aw I'm so pleased. I wonder if I can arrange a playdate for them." They said.

"Daddy! Daddy! I made friend!" Klee yelled and dragged another girl with her.

"Hello there. I'm Klee's dad Albedo. What's your name?" He asked.

Just as he asked another couple entered the building.

"Aww did my little Qiqi make a friend?" A voice asked.

'Qiqi? Wait a minute' Albedo thought.

"Zhongli?" They asked.

"Ah Albedo this is a pleasant surprise." Zhongli replied. 

However it wasn't the voice who had spoken earlier.

"You must be this new work friend he mentioned. It's nice to meet you. I'm Baizhu, his husband." he introduced himself.

"Well isn't this sweet. The kids made friends with each other and so did the parents. I can tell you're loving this Prince." Kaeya said.

"I'd love to stay and chat more but I have some work to do at home. I'll see you tomorrow Albedo and Kaeya." Zhongli explained.

"Yes, see you two later. You make a cute couple by the way." Baizhu said as xe walked towards the exit.

"But we aren't..." Kaeya started but they'd already left.

"That's the second time we've mistaken for a couple. Funny isn't it?" Albedo said.

He signed Klee out and waved goodbye to Kaeya.

Kaeya just stood there and chuckled. You'd think after it's happened twice now they would pick up on it.

He stared at the exit that his friend had left by with a smile on his face. 

How he adored him.

The friend he'd fallen for.