Late night texts

Only mentioned but Diluc uses he/him pronouns in this story

A very quick little chapter before I return back to writing the main plot of this story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Albedo sat up in bed and sighed.  He reached over to his bedside table and turned on the lamp, a soft light illuminating the room. They had stayed up late grading papers and had tried and failed to go to bed. He rolled over and looked at his alarm clock. It read 2:57am. He groaned before getting out of bed and walking as quietly as possible to the kitchen as to not wake his sleeping three year old. 

They got a drink of water and returned to their bedroom before noticing a notification appear on his phone.

New message: 🔷Kaeya🔷- Heyyyyyyyyyyy ;-)

Albedo sighed before unlocking his phone.

Albedo- Kaeya you do realise that it is practically 3am don't you? You should be asleep.

🔷Kaeya🔷- Well I was asleep and I woke up :P

Albedo- Then go back to bed

🔷Kaeya🔷- I can't :(

Albedo- Why not? Is everything alright?

🔷Kaeya🔷- Well it's embarrassing so you have to promise not to make fun of me

Albedo- I promise

🔷Kaeya🔷- So basically when me and my brother Diluc were kids he got told by some random classmate that at 3am ghosts and monsters wake up and for the whole hour cause as much havoc as they possibly can. So we stayed up all night and at exactly 3am a thunderstorm started up and something kept tapping on our window. The whole house started creaking. Ever since I've been unable to sleep at 3am just in case a ghost comes and does something in the night. I always have to wait until 4am or later.

Albedo- I mean that's understandable I guess. But why did you text me of all people?

🔷Kaeya🔷- I don't know just wanted to talk to you

Albedo- We were going to get to talk briefly later today and this whole working week because of Klee going to daycare

🔷Kaeya🔷- But that is still so far away :(

Albedo- Kaeya I'd love to continue talking but I have work tomorrow and want to try and get some sleep. Is it alright if I go?

🔷Kaeya🔷-👍🏽

Albedo- Ok goodnight Kaeya. Please try and go back to bed.

🔷Kaeya🔷- Goodnight Albedo (~﹃~)~zZ

Albedo turned off his phone and snuggled back under the covers. He closed his eyes, thinking of his new friend who had just text him and finally being able to get to sleep.