The Tell-Tale Art

((This chapter was going to be angstier but I think I made yall suffer enough))

It was Nicky's turn to avoid (Y/N).

Well, he wasn't exactly avoiding her. It's just that for three days straight every time he looked at (Y/N), he would remember his God-awful confession and just run away - again - and lock himself in his bedroom. So this must be how (Y/N) feels every time she has a problem.

The girl didn't really question it, and simply let him be. She understood he was feeling embarrassed about it, though she did start contemplating what he said.

Did he really love her now? Most of her thoughts were on Nicky and his actions since their quadfession session. It's the only thing that occupied her mind, and she once again started re-evaluating herself.

Meanwhile, the three other quads had absolutely no idea what was going on with their brother. So the day before they started a new quarter, the three cornered Nicky in the boys' bedroom. "What the heck did you do?!" Dawn demanded.

"Huh?" NIcky frowned at his siblings.

"You're ignoring (Y/N)!" Ricky exclaimed. "What's going on?"

"Did she do anything?" Dickyq questioned.

"No, it's..." NIcky trailed off. "It's nothing SHE did." He hesitated for a brief moment. "I told her I love her."

"WHAT?!" the three exclaimed.

"Wait, you LOVE her?" Ricky gasped.

"Yeah!" Nicky sat down on Ricky's bed, head in his hands. "I'm so sure I do this time. But I ran away 'cause I was scared. I actually threw up in the bathroom."

"You puked," Dicky stated, staring at him.

"Oh, Nicky," Dawn sighed. She rubbed her brother's shoulder.

"I can't believe this," Nicky groaned out. "(Y/N) doesn't deserve to be with someone like me."

"You puked," Dicky repeated. "You actually puked, what kind of stupid-- OW!" He glared at Dawn, who slapped his arm.

The girl rolled her eyes and sat beside Nicky. "Of course (Y/N) deserves someone like you. You're made for each other! You guys are cute when you do things together and stuff! And she really liked you once, she could like you again!"

"This is too gross for me to talk about, but anything for you bro," Ricky sighed and sat on Nicky's other side. "You and (Y/N) would be great together. You gotta pick yourself up and talk to her again."

"I can try," Nicky sighed. "But she lost her feelings for me. We all know that. What if I just give her more reasons to not love me again?"

"Don't think about that," Dawn insisted. "Just focus on proving to her you do love her. Things will be fine!"

"Yeah," Dicky put in. "You're already on some sort of path. Just make sure you fix things quick so you don't have to be awkward anymore!"

The youngest quad nodded. "Alright! I'll do my best! Thanks, guys. I didn't know you guys were so interested in my love life."

"Oh we're not," Dawn shook her head. "We're doing this for (Y/N)."

"She doesn't deserve your drama, bro," Dicky shrugged.

"You better make her happy!" Ricky threatened.

Nicky deadpanned at all of them. "I feel the love."

"We love you too!" Dawn put an arm around him. "We care about you just as much! But seriously, fix things fast."

The boy stood up from the bed and left in exasperation.