Harpers for President

((This chapter is a reminder for you to REGISTER TO VOTE PLS))

It was a normal day at school, (Y/N) was seated behind Ricky, and Mr. Williams was making an announcement. "Class, it's everyone's favorite time of year," he began.

"Heirloom tomato season?" Nicky asked as he walked by him.

"No."

"Taco season?" Dicky asked.

"That's not a thing."

"Petition to pay for Mr. Williams' voice surgery season?" (Y/N) asked sarcastically. Nicky who turned to her, chuckled.

"Do you want detention?"

"You have the voice of an angel, sir."

"I think what Mr. Williams is referring to is the upcoming election for class president," Ricky said, smiling.

"So when you mean 'everyone's favorite time of the year', you mean just Ricky'?" Dawn asked.

"That's correct, Dawn," Mr. Williams said. "But this year we're going to jazz it up a bit with online polling that will tell us minute to minute who the most popular candidate is."

"Ooh, I hope there will be graphs!" Ricky said excitedly. "Perhaps a bar graph, a histogram, or dare I say it, a scatter plot."

"You know very well there will be a scatter plot Ricky. You helped design the app."

"I'd also like to help design the future of this school. Which is why..." Ricky slammed his hands on his table and stood. "I'd like to announce my candidacy for class president. It would be an honor to serve you all."

"I wish you'd serve me some pizza right now," Dicky said, facing Ricky, and then standing up. "'Cause I'd like to announce...that I am hungry."

"Does anyone else want to run for president?" Mr. Williams asked. But, no one said anything. "So far in all my classes, no one is running but Ricky."

Nicky hesitated but turned to (Y/N), whispering "Psst!". She looked up and he held out his hand and tapped it, doing Morse Code. Usually the quads and (Y/N) also did Morse Code when they were too far from each other, and not always just with their flashlights at home. "You gonna run?"

(Y/N) hesitated and shook her head. "Nah. U?"

"Nah."

"But u would be good."

Nicky smiled. "U think?"

"U can be a good leader."

Nicky was gonna tap back but got distracted by his siblings arguing. "Thank you Dawn," Ricky was saying loudly. "I WOULD make a good president. And you're right, Mae. It's really not her thing."

"Well, what do you mean it's not my thing?" Dawn asked.

"Hey, you're the one who said, 'it's not my thing'. And I agree. It's not your thing."

"Well, you don't get to say it's not my thing. Only I get to say what my thing is."

"Look, it's not a bad thing you know it's not your thing. That's a good thing."

"Well, here's the thing: Mind your own thing."

"Uh oh," Nicky said.

"Looks like we might have a thing," Dicky hummed and turned forward.

Dawn slammed her hands on the desk and stood up. "I want to run for president!" she announced.

"Hey, that's my thing!" Ricky protested, also standing.