Ballet and the Beasts

At Get Sporty, it seemed like there was always something new. First a fashion show, a music-video shooting, then a golf course, now a laser tag arena. (Y/N) had called it the best sports store ever, much to Tom's delight. Now, she, Dawn, and Mae were walking into the laser tag room, with Dawn looking especially excited.

"Let's laser tag it up!" the blonde exclaimed as they approached the counter.

"Yay, fresh meat," Lucy, who was in charge of the laser tag room, deadpanned. (Y/N) raised an eyebrow at her lack of enthusiasm.

"Yup! Sign us up, Lucy."

"I was talking to my sandwich," Lucy held up her sandwich and bit into it. "Alright, just wait over there till we have enough players for two teams." She shooed them away with a hand and the three girls walked away from the counter.

"How is she still hired?" (Y/N) questioned quietly.

"No idea," Mae shook her head and turned to Dawn. "Are your brothers coming?"

"I hope not," Dawn admitted. "I didn't tell them I was doing this. For once, I'd like to be on a team with anyone whose name doesn't rhyme with 'icky'."

"They like their sister. Is that so bad?"

"They're good kids Mae. They mean well. But I need some time away from them. Lately, they've been stickin' to me tighter than honey to a frog's foot."

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes. "What?"

"That's not a thing," Mae stated.

"It is where I grew up!" Dawn protested.

"We grew up three blocks from each other!"

"I literally live right next to you!" (Y/N) pointed out.

Dawn shook her head. "It hasn't gotten to you guys yet. But (Y/N), you get what I mean."

"Well, I do love your brothers--"

"Especially one in particular," Mae teased.

(Y/N) just nudged her harshly. "I don't really 'mind-mind' them. But yeah, I get what you mean. I know Dawn, it gets to you when they just hang about with her a lot."

"Thank you!" Dawn said, patting her back. "So the point is, it's just kind of sad how much they need me. Without me they have nothing."

"Well, they might take it the wrong way. Sometimes they think YOU need THEM."

"Me? Need them? Please," Dawn was facing the counter, with her two girl best friends' backs turned facing her. From the corner of her eye, she saw three boys and two of them looking over at her friends' backs. "Mae, (Y/N), those cute boys are totally staring at you!" she whispered.

"No, they're not," Mae turned around, and one of the boys was definitely staring at her. "Oh my gosh! That cute boy is totally staring at me. What do I do? What do I do?" Mae began panicking a bit and fanning at her armpits.

(Y/N) giggled and also turned. The boy with the blonde hair and was taller than the guy that was looking at Mae. When he was smirking at her, (Y/N) just smiled politely and looked back at Dawn. "He IS cute, but not my type."

Dawn scoffed. "Yeah, your type is short, dumb, and can't-leave-their-sister-alone."

"Shut up," (Y/N) huffed, slapping her arm lightly. Dawn just giggled.

"Okay if you don't need help, I DO!" Mae whisper-yelled. "Do I go to him?"

"Leave it to me," Dawn walked over to the counter and smiled at Lucy. "Put Mae on their team, 'kay? And (Y/N) too."