No Ifs, Ands, or But-ers

First shoutout ever goes to: Annie5382 !!! Your comments give me LIFE <3

A bunch of the quads' friends were hanging out at the Harper house living room that day. Dawn and Mae were reading a magazine together, Ricky was practicing his vocabulary with clubmates, and Dicky, (Y/N), and another kid were playing a video game.

(Y/N) suddenly pushed Dicky's face away to distract him, to which he gasped. "Hey!" He moved his body in front of her as he continued slamming the controller buttons. "No cheating!"

The girl just smirked and fought back. "You're cheating!"

"You started it!" Normally, if it were his siblings, Dicky - or maybe any of the quads - would get annoyed at one another, but if it were (Y/N), it was all fun and games.

Their laughing made Ricky shout, "Hey! You're being persnickety!" His eyes lit up when he turned to his friend with the vocab card. "Definition: fussy or particular."

"Correct!"

"Boom!" Ricky jumped up from his chair in happiness. "Definition: Nailed it!"

"See Ricky, we helped ya out!" (Y/N) joked.

Ricky rolled his eyes playfully.

"Never mind persnickety," Nicky was saying as he walked out of the kitchen with a tray in his hands. "Let's get persnackety!" He was laughing at his own joke, to which (Y/N) chuckled a bit too. "I've got some nice aged cheese, including a Danish blue." He walked in front of the TV and over to Dawn and Mae. "Don't be afraid of the veins. It's very approachable."

The two girls sat up and smelled it, cringing. "Eww!" Nicky furrowed his eyebrows at their reaction.

"The only cheese I approach is nacho," Mae said.

"Don't feel bad Nicky," Dawn assured. "It's nacho fault." She shared a laugh with Mae and her brother.

"Cheese me bro," Dicky said, opening his mouth as he and (Y/N) stopped fighting. Nicky placed the cheese in his brother's mouth, and the boy gagged and spit it out. "This is SO not approachable!"

"Come on, Dicky, it's good!" (Y/N) reached over to grab a big block of cheese and she took a bite out of it. Nicky's eyes widened at her eagerness. "Delicious." She grabbed a grape as well.

"Really?" The youngest quad beamed happily. "See guys? A sophisticated palette."

"I'd like to see you actually make something with this cheese, though," (Y/N) challenged with a smirk on her face.

Nicky raised an eyebrow and smirked as well. "Alright then! Challenge accepted!"

That's when Tom and Anne entered the room. "Ah, looks like the Harper house is the hot new hangout!" Tom said.

Anne smiled. "Is there anything better than a house full of happy children? We should cherish this moment, Tom," Suddenly, Anne's phone sounded out a notification, and she checked it. Her eyes widened, she let out a huge gasp, and she started saying, "Everybody out! Scoot! Leave! Andale!" Anne gestured for all the kids to leave, and even took the controllers from (Y/N) and Dicky. "Go go go go go..." She picked up a magazine from Mae and then opened the front door. "Let's go!" All the kids began to exit, as the quads started complaining.

"Don't leave!" Dawn shout

"Hey no, you too, beat it! Scram! I need the living room. (Y/N)!"

"Me?!" The girl pointed a finger at her chest.

"Yes! Go! All kids!"

"Mom!" Nicky complained, but Anne just gave him a look.

(Y/N) grabbed a handful of cheese and grapes and made eye contact with the quads. "You guys better explain!"