Santa's Little Harpers

"Yes!" Dawn cheered as she entered the Harper house with her brothers. (Y/N) trailed after Ricky. She was wearing a white and (F/C) parka with red gloves, a black beanie and a white pom pom on it. "Winter break has officially begun! Goodbye backpack." Dawn threw her backpack to the side. "Hello couch back." She plopped onto the couch with a big grin.

"This is the last time you'll see me in pants till New Year's," Nicky added with a grin as everyone was removing their coats and hats.

"Nicky, no one wants to see that," (Y/N) said, cracking a bit of a smile. ((I wonder how many times I'll make (Y/N) say this--)) She held her hands out as she gazed longingly. "But I DO see a future of snowball fights, door-to-door caroling, and hot chocolate mustaches every evening. It'll be holly jolly Hakuna Matata holidays for five kids with no worries." Nicky and Ricky high-fived her.

"And of course, what would the holidays be without daring Dicky to lick the frozen mailbox?" Ricky chuckled.

Dicky walked into the house, holding the mailbox as his tongue stuck to it. "So uncool guys."

The four just laughed before Dawn stood up swiftly. "Okay, fun times over. Let's talk gift snooping strategy."

"Ooh, that's a quad thing," (Y/N) grit her teeth and made a face. "Guess that's my cue to leave."

"Come on, stay!" Ricky insisted. "I mean they're not YOUR presents but you can help us find ours!"

"I don't wanna be caught in with your parents,"

"Please, we haven't been caught ever and you know it!" Nicky waved a hand.

"And I have a bad feeling about this year!" (Y/N) wrinkled her nose.

"You said that last year," Ricky complained.

"And I will stand by my statement. By the way, YOU Nicky are banned from my house until Christmas."

"What?! Why?!"

"BECAUSE! I don't want you seeing the gifts and knowing what I'll get you!"

"I promise I will just look at them!"

"You'll still find a way to know what's inside!" (Y/N) jabbed a finger at his chest and he pouted. The girl couldn't help laughing. "I'll let you in once I find a better hiding spot."

Dawn rolled her eyes playfully. "Okay okay, so you won't help us again. See you around later then?"

"Yep!" (Y/N) said, shouldering her bag. "I'll just be at my house, sipping tea and licking candy canes."

"Ooh, candy canes!" Dicky said with his tongue still on the mailbox.

"See you guys!"

"Bye, (Y/N)," the quads waved at their best friend.

"Don't get caught!"

~~~

"We got caught," Dawn said miserably.

(Y/N) eyes were widened and her mouth was dropped open but the corners of her lips were still turned up. "You're serious?"

Ricky sighed as he laid back on the couch. "And now we have to work at the store tomorrow."

Anne and Tom may have been mad but at least they prepared hot chocolate, and the four quads sipped their mugs simultaneously, also dropping it and exhaling at the same time, clearly frustrated. (Y/N) stared at them, amused.

"I can't believe this is the first time they caught you guys,"

"You knew about them?" Anne suddenly entered the room, gasping.