Rock n Rules

"Mom! Your cab's here!"

Ricky was calling out to his mother as a taxi driver outside honked the horn. "I can drive myself," Anne protested, as she was coming downstairs with a big overnight bag.

"No, your relaxation starts now," Dawn insisted.

"We love you," Nicky said.

"And we want you to have fun on your spaghetti way," Dicky said, smiling.

"Dicky, it's a spa getaway," Ricky corrected.

"You know, where you get massages and pedicures and facials?" Nicky added.

"I know," Dicky said. "I pronounce things weird summertimes."

"Just go," Dawn insisted. The taxi driver honked his horn again.

"I don't know," Anne sighed. "Maybe this isn't the best weekend."

"No, no, no, this is the only weekend," Tom insisted, handing her a certificate. "I bought this certificate a year ago, it expires Monday. You HAVE to go."

"I guess. I just don't like leaving the kids all alone."

"You-You mean with me?"

"Right, no, of course I meant with you!" Anne patted his shoulder.

"And me?" (Y/N) poked her head through the doorframe, and the quads instantly grinned upon seeing her. "I came to see you off Mrs. Harper! Don't forget your quads are in good hands."

"(Y/N), hi, yes! But remember you're still a kid."

"Don't worry mom," Dawn said.

"It's gonna be fine," Ricky added.

"That's what you all said the last time I went away for the weekend, and I came home to you kids carving ice sculptures in the living room."

"Dad said we had to be creative," Nicky smiled, giving a thumbs up.

"You were using a chainsaw!"

"Creatively!"

"Okay-"

"Mrs. Harper, nothing of the sort will happen while you're gone," (Y/N) insisted.

"(Y/N), I do appreciate you looking out for the quads and keeping them from fighting but remember you get into their shenanigans too! Your own parents are being polite but sometimes they're a bad influence on you."

"Whaaat?" Dicky scoffed.

"You convinced her to be tied to a kite, climb a tree, and jump so she could fly!"

"It seemed like I was the only one worried at that time," Nicky glared at his siblings, who laughed nervously.

"For the nth time, I was FINE!" (Y/N) sighed. "Then again, you did come home just before I jumped off, so I see how that could have been stressful for you."

"But there was no rule against that and the ice sculpture thing," Dicky said, shrugging.

"Which is why now there IS a rule against it!" Tom said quickly, going over to the table. "Along with a whole bunch of other rules, that are in my Big Book of Rules to keep the kids in line."

Dawn followed him. "Okay, so when you say a big book do you mean actually a-" Tom slammed a thick binder own on the coffee table, and Dawn stared as he opened it. "Oh Mama, that's a big book."

"For example, rule #6. No making ice sculptures in the living room."

"What about sculptures made out of-" Dicky started.