Chapter 24: Quirkless again

Ochako pov

I wake up and see eri standing up in front of me off of the bed.

"Hmm?" I groan because I'm tired.

"You feeling any better?" I hear Izuku say.

This peaks my curiosity.

"A little bit..." Eri responds shaking.

"Come here" Izuku says.

Eri goes out of my view but I hear her sniffle.

"I'm sorry this happened to you Eri, but you're safe now." Izuku says hugging her.

I smile to myself.

"Thank you Mr..." Eri starts before pausing.

"Deku." Izuku says smiling and rubbing her head.

"Thank you Mr.Deku." She says rubbing her eyes.

"You still tired?" Izuku asks her.

"Yeah..." Eri responds.

"Well Ochako is still sleeping so how about you sleep in my bed, I have to go do something anyways." Izuku says standing up straight.

"Ok Mr.Deku." Eri says walking toward izukus bed.

I smile to myself.

'Seems like he's gonna be a good dad' I think to myself as a blush forms on my face.

Izuku pov

I walk to the local gym and walk inside.

"Hello sir, how can I help you?" The receptionist asks.

After I pay my way in I start to work out. While doing cardio I start to think.

'I'm back to being quirkless, well I haven't unlocked my quirk yet, Damnit...' I think to myself as I up the mph on the treadmill.

'I'm back to being a useless Deku...' I think to myself as I feel tears stream down my face.

'Huh...I'm crying?' I think to myself as I wipe my tears away.

"Damnit.." I say before walking into the bathroom.

Ochako pov

I stretch my arms and stand up. I see Eri on izukus bed and smile to myself. I hear a knock on the door and open it to see Dad.

"Hey Ochako, good news, the villian who had that girl was caught!" He says to me with a smile.

"I know dad...I'm the one who fought him." I say smiling.

"What..." He says in a stern tone.

"What?" I ask curiously.

"You know that's not allowed Ochako, if I weren't your father you would be arrested right now." He says angrily.

My heart sinks.

"You'd arrest someone for being a hero?" I ask confused.

"You saved the girl right?" He asks me.

I move out of the way and show Eri on izukus bed sleeping.

"Yeah." I say.

"I'm happy you did but, you technically did use your quirk illegally." Dad says.

I grit my teeth.

"I wasn't gonna sit on my ass and wait for the pros, it worked out fine when I went with Izuku!" I say raising my voice.

"Just because it worked doesn't mean it was the right thing." He says also raising his voice.

I clench my fist and push past him.

I walk out of the house and down the street.

Izuku pov

I walk toward Gran Torino's house and see ochako storm out of the house before walking down the street the opposite direction.

I walk inside and see all might with his hand on his forehead.

"You okay all might?" I ask him.

"You went and saved the girl with ochako." He says to me.

My eyes widen.

"Yeah I did, what about it." I say taking off my shoes.

"I trusted you to protect her and yet you let her do that." He says in an angry tone.

"Be happy I found her before she died, she went alone, I sacrificed my quirk for her, he happy about that." I say clenching my fist.

"What do you mean you sacrificed your quirk." He asks me.

"Eri's quirk is rewind, it rewinds a persons body to a previous state and it rewinded mine to before I had unlocked even my time stopping quirk." I say with a sigh.

"So you're really quirkless again?" He says in disbelief.

"Yeah, so don't say I didn't protect your daughter, if I didn't show up she would've lost, and she would've been a murderer." I say before walking into the room with eri and closing the door.

"Mr Deku? Are you okay?" Eri asks me while rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah Eri I'm okay." I say putting on a fake smile and rubbing her head.

"What does it mean to be quirkless?" She asks me.

'She heard all might and I talking...' I think to myself before I drop my smile.

"It means I don't have a special power anymore. Like how you can rewind I used to be able to do many things and be a hero...now...it's all over." I say smiling as tears fall down my face.

"Oh...why did you lose your quirk?" Eri asks me.

I sigh.

"While saving you the bad guy hit me with something that erased my quirk, but if you train your quirk you can use it to restore my quirk you get it?" I half lie.

I don't want her to know it was her fault I'm quirkless again.

"Well then I'll train to help you get your quirk back." She says making a small smile.

I smile a bit and give her a small hug.

"I'd love that Eri." I say hopefully.

I hear a knock on the door and open it to see Aizawa.

"Mr.Aizawa?!" I say confused as I turn back to Eri who looks terrified.

"This is the girl you and Uraraka saved?" He says walking up to her.

Eri runs behind me and holds onto my pant leg.

"Scary..." Eri says.

"Don't worry Eri." I say kneeling down.

"He's a hero too, i bet he could help you train your quirk!" I say enthusiastically.

"Actually that's exactly what I'm here for, all might told me what happened, and because I have a quirk that cancels quirks I am the only one who can stop her quirk if it gets out of control." Aizawa says also kneeling down to Eri.

"I'm not going to hurt you kid, I'm here to help." He says with an awkward smile.

"Don't smile it doesn't really suit you..." I say trying not to laugh at him.

"Shut up kid." He says looking away.

I laugh and look to see Eri smiling.

'It's good to see her smile...'