Chapter 26: America's #1

Ochako pov 6 months later

"Hey Ochako, do you think we'll be doing training exercises today?" Asui asks as we walk to class.

"Maybe I'm not sure." I say shrugging.

"I mean final exams are coming up soon so I'd expect some sort of training." Mina says appearing out of thin air.

"I'm inclined to agree with Ashido." Momo says following close behind.

I shrug again.

"I guess we'll have to find out." I say as I open the comically large class 1-A door.

"Good morning girls how has your morning treated you?" Iida greets us.

"Good Tenya, thanks for asking!" I respond smiling at him.

"Of course Uraraka." He says with a small frown.

"What's wrong?" I ask him in a bubbly tone.

"Stop faking the smile Uraraka..." Iida says.

"Agreed, you haven't been the same since Midorya left, all of us know it." Todoroki chimes in.

I grit my teeth.

"Who's Midorya? The last person I knew with that name left a long long time ago, and they're never coming back." I say with a smile.

"Don't try and erase him, he's the only reason we aren't all dead!" Bakugo says bursting through the door and walking up to me.

"Or what Pomeranian! You act like I didn't save him when he saved us!" I say getting in his face.

Bakugo grabs me by the collar and gets closer.

"You pushed him away from you, you made him leave without even a second thought, and you have the audacity to take the credit for him saving everyone." He says before pushing me onto the floor.

"So much for being a hero, you are basically a villain." He says before turning away and sitting at his desk.

I scoff and get up before walking to my desk.

In my mind I'm in tears...

"Now that you have stopped fighting, we have training today." Mr.Aizawa says walking in to the room.

"Understood!" The rest of the class says as I roll my eyes and try not to cry.

Izuku pov

"Yo! Star!" I say walking up to the older woman and fist bumping her.

"Hey there Deku, how ya feeling?" She asks me with a big smile.

"Decent, how was patrol?" I ask her while grabbing my hero costume from my bag.

"Pretty good, stopped some villains just like always." She says with a laugh.

I laugh to myself.

"No surprise there." I say as I take off my shirt and put on the top of my hero costume.

"Well I'll meet you out back. Be ready to spar with star!." She says as she walks out of the room.

I laugh to myself a bit and change into the rest of my hero costume.

I walk out and punch one fist into my palm.

"Let's do this star!" I say with a smirk.

"Yeah!" She responds running at me.

Our fist meet and she barely overpowers me.

"Cmon kid come at me!" She says taunting me.

I run at her and sidestep. She blocks where I would punch her but I sweep under her feet with my left leg. She falls to one knee and I try and knee her in the face. She dodges and punches my shin sending me back a bit.