Chapter 10: Spark of Love

Izuku pov

My eyes shoot open and I'm in recovery girls office. I start to breathe heavily and a small pain in my ribs comes back. I cough a bit which hurts worse. The door burst open and Recovery girl walks in.

"Midorya you've woken up, alright calm down!" She says walking up and kissing me on the forhead.

The pain slowly goes away but I start to feel tired again.

"Am I okay?" I ask as I start to breathe normally.

"Well you weren't, you have been asleep for like a month now, you had 4 broken ribs and a punctured lung, you should be dead but Ochako Uraraka brought you back her along with all might, they told me you were reckless but if it weren't for you then everyone would've been dead." She says checking some papers.

"Oh.." I respond thinking about Ochako.

"So it's been a month? Wait when's the sports festival?" I ask trying to get up.

"In 2 weeks, you'll have to stay the night here but tomorrow I can let you go." She says checking something off with a pencil.

"Okay...I'm gonna go to sleep..." I say before closing my eyes.

Uraraka pov

Izuku has been out for like a month, it's back to boys asking me out and me rejecting them...I feel bad but like, sorry no.

Over the month I've realized how close you can get with someone in 3 days, I've also found out that I developed feelings for him, kind of embarrassing.

Dad has been training me with one for all, I'm at 80% which is cool, I'm already as strong as dads prime 100%. The sports festival is in 2 weeks so we are trying to squeeze in as much training as possible.

The rest of class on the other hand has carried on as usual, they didn't know Izuku well enough to cry over his small coma but they were thankful for his sacrifice during the USJ.

Sometimes I have nightmares about seeing his body on the floor, he spoke to me like he knew he was gonna die...it scared me that he was prepared to die so early.

I walk into class 1-A and see everyone else talking to each other, except Bakugo of course. He showed remorse toward Izuku but called him an idiot for doing what he did. I don't blame him that much I was angry at first too.

He's been extra moody since it happened though, not sure if it's jealously that Izuku was the hero or that he's just worried for his childhood friend, even though they weren't friends for majority of the time pre high school.

I sit down and Aizawa walks in, he wasn't that injured from the USJ because of Izuku's help.

"Alright everyone, today we're gonna do absolutely nothing but train, you kids have to get ready for the sports festival so go go, I shouldn't have to tell you where to go." Aizawa says laying down in his sleeping bag.

Izuku pov

I wake up and look outside,it's nighttime now. Recovery girl is standing next to my bed.

"Ah Izuku you've woken up." Recovery girl says with a smile.

"Yeah...when can I leave?" I ask thinking about where the others are.

"Now actually, you're fully healed, classes ended hours ago so just go home." She says patting my shoulder.

"Thank you." I say getting up and walking out of the room.

I walk home and open the door to see my mom. She immediately burst into tears.

"Izuku! I thought I lost you!" She says in between tears.

"I'm fine mom, trust me I won't get hurt like that again." I say hugging her.

"You better not I thought you were dead!" She says followed with a sniffle.

"What time is it?" I ask looking around the house.

"It's 1:30 in the morning I've been worried sick for like a month!" She says breaking the hug.

"Sorry..." I say yawning.

"You should go to sleep honey." Mom says walking me toward my room.

"Okay I will." I respond walking into my room and turning back to her.

"Night mom, love you." I say smiling.

"Goodnight sweetie." She responds as I close my door.

I walk up to my window and look at Ochako's window.

'I wonder how the month for them has been...couldn't have been that weird without me, they probably got stronger while I was gone.' I think to myself as I stare at Ochakos window.

Suddenly the curtain to her window opens and I see her looking right back at me, her eyes widen as she quickly opens her window.

I mimic her and open my window.

"Izuku!" She yells.

"Hey..." I respond with a small smirk.

"Meet me down between the apartments." She says before closing her window and running out of view.

I close my window before stopping time and walking past my mom to go outside, once I leave the apartment I start time again and dash down to the place between our apartments.

She runs out of her building and crashes into me bringing me into a hug.

"You dumbass!" She says starting to sob.

"What!?" I ask confused as I hug her back.

"Why'd you do that!" She yells sniffling.

"I had to save everyone, I didn't expect to get beat half to death but, as long as everyone was okay it's fine." I say stroking her hair.

"I missed you..." She says gripping down on my shirt.

"Why'd you miss me? Also what did you guys do in class while I was gone?" I ask as she stops hugging me.

"You're an idiot..." she says putting her hand on my face.

"What h-" she cuts me off with something I never thought she'd do.

I knew I had feelings for her but I never expected her to reciprocate those feelings.

But here I was in the middle of the night in the middle of the street.

Kissing Ochako Uraraka.