"So yet another casualty"

I reluctantly open the texts and read them

1st: "Anna, okay so since you wouldn't let me explain at school, I'll explain what happened"

2nd: "Firstly I didn't tell anyone we slept together okay I would never do that to you. Sam just saw me walking near your house and assumed because I was wearing the same clothes the night before. Sam and Jake were just being dickheads at school! I really like you Anna and I wouldn't want to do anything to ruin our friendship or whatever we have now!

3rd: "Please don't hate me because they're stupid idiots. I'll knock both them out if ya want me to."

I giggled at the last text and let out a sigh of relief. I grabbed my coat and ran straight to Liam's house. I got there slightly out of breath and Noel answered the door.

'Anna, hey what are you doing here?"

"Hiya I'm looking for Liam"

"Anna?!" I heard from behind Noel.

Noel understood and moved back to the couch to let us get re-acquainted. Liam ran to the door and I wrapped my arms around my neck he grabbed my waist and picked me up.

"Anna I'm so sorry!"

"No Liam, you have nothing to say sorry for, honestly I was wrong to assume"

"You're my favourite Anna, end of.."

I grabbed his face and kissed him passionately and wrapped my legs around his waist as he kissed me back. I was so relieved and happy to be back in his arms. His aftershave smelt so good and the kiss was as good as our first. Order was restored. We pulled back and I giggled as he carried me into the house and then plopped me onto the couch beside Noel. I gasped as I was let down.

"Would you like a drink Anna babe"

"A water would be nice please, I practically sprinted here"

He winked and walked into the kitchen. I didn't even realise how much I was smiling as I watched him leave until Noel pointed it out.

"So yet another casualty" he uttered

"Excuse me?"

"You've fallen for the charm, Anna listen now that you and Liam are getting close can you make me a promise?"

"What Noelie?" I replied

"Once this goes south can we still be friends, I really like you and I don't want that idiot to ruin our friendship"

"Awk Noel, we'll always be close don't worry about that! But why are you so sure it'll go south?"

"It's just what always happens"

"Yeah but you said yourself that I was different, maybe this time it will be different"

"Yeah I suppose, I just hope he doesn't break your heart because then I will have to break his nose."

"Haha shhs you" I giggled ignoring the possibility that Liam and I's relationship would get ugly

Liam walked in with a spring in his step and I could tell why and felt myself smiling like an idiot once again. He handed me my water with a kiss and turned the telly on. Noel went to the bathroom as we were half way through an episode of friends. Liam suddenly but his hand on my thigh and started rubbing it. Even something as small as that was enough to send shivers down my spine. I tried to ignore him knowing we were not in complete privacy but he continued. His hand travelled up my back and was now around my neck he pulled me ever so slightly towards him and I put my hand on his chest.

"Liam we're in the living room as in not a private place"

"Yeah but it's dirtier this way" He winked

I giggled "You are sick, what if Noel was to see or god forbid your mum?!"