New school

*Anna's POV*

Nervous is an understatement as I'm walking into my new school. As if A- levels weren't scary enough, I now have to worry about being the 'new kid'. I walk in and I feel all eyes turn my direction and my legs feel shaky. I try to act confident and mask my emotions but I fear it's not fooling anyone. I walk towards the front desk of the hall.

Anna, "Hi there, I'm Anna it's my first day"

"Hiya Anna," a lady with a kind smile said "welcome I sense from the accent that you're Irish?"

"Yeah I just moved from there a week ago!" I replied

"Well you will fit right in here don't worry, here is your lanyard and your form class is 7b right down that corridor"

"Thank you" I smiled weakly the nerves still very much taking over my body

I walk towards my new form class and bump into a brunette as she's doing her shoelaces and I apologies profusely in an attempt not to upset anyone

The girl giggled, "haha, don't worry girl you didn't mean it, unless you did then I'll be up for a scrap"

"No I really didn't!" I replied "I'm just a bit nervous it's my first day and I'm clearly quite clumsy"

"Aw don't worry babe, I'll help you through it, what form class are you in"

I replied "7b" hoping that she would be in my class

"Ahhh amazing I'm the same, we can walk together if ya like"

"That would be brilliant thank you" I replied.

As I'm walking with this kind stranger I start to feel a bit more at ease. We exchange some small talk and explain are family life and I explain why I've moved to England (dads stupid work) We walk into the room and I immediately notice a boy laughing with people surrounding him. He had chestnut hair that perfectly shaped his face. Bright blue eyes, a devilish sort of grin on his face and he was wearing a black and white Beatles t-shirt. I felt butterflies in my stomach and blamed it on the nerves though I knew it was more than that this time.

I sit down beside Lucy and she introduces me to two of her friends, Sally and Orla. They both seem nice although they're nothing like my friends at home. They're all super pretty and seem very fashionable. I however was wearing right ripped jeans and a tank top with a hoodie on top. (The I don't give a shit kind of look always seems like the best option for me)

I got through my first class and sighed as I started to except this was the new reality. So far so good...

"Hi darling"

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see those blue eyes once again. I blush slightly

"Oh hello, I'm Anna, what's your..."

He interrupts me and says "didn't ask for your life story love just wanted to ask you a question"

I hadn't realised a life story could be said in six words and I rolled my eyes at his possible attempt at charm?

"Okay what'd you wanna know"

He looked me up and down and that grin appeared on his face once again
"You've got pretty sexy legs, was jus wondering what time they open"

I pause in sheer shock at this cocky idiot

"Excuse me?! That's fucking rude mate"

"Chill out love fucking hell. It was just a joke. I'm Liam btw"

As I was about to reply Lucy comes over to me and grabs my arm and let's me know they were going for there break and invited me. I was glad to be able to get rid of this stupid boy in front of me.

"Yeah sure Lucy" I walk away from Liam, I turn briefly to see if he was still staring and he was. I caught him looking at my ass as I walked away and I sighed at his blatant disrespect.

"Hey do you know that guy uhhh Liam"

"Oh sure, everyone knows Liam he's pretty popular and an absolute player. I bet he loved you" she giggled

"Yeah I mean he's not shy is he"

"Far from it, don't worry boys at this age are sorry excuses for people I just hope I can find me a man one day that will treat me right"

I saw a slight sadness in her eyes and told myself not to ask too many personal questions in case she got freaked out. As we walked towards the outside I thought to myself that this year was going to be interesting. Boy did I have a lot coming

QUICK AUTHORS NOTE xox
So first time writing a fanfic thought I'd choose my favourite boy from the nineties. I've got some ideas for the next few chapters and yeah just let me know what you think!! Hope you're enjoying so far :) also a - levels for any American readers are the tests you do to get into university :)