Twenty Eight

LaceyCross_x

LaceyCross_x

You think you know me, but you don't know me

Liked by; sasha_rebecca, laurenfryer_, dandanadams and 8,726 others

dandanadams - my bestie ❤️
LaceyCross_x - my bestie ❤️
Sasha_rebecca - you're slaying 😅

You scream at me, I scream at you louder, lalalala louder, dangerous, I'm warning you, but you're not afraid of me, and I can't convince you, but you don't know me

Lacey danced around the stage, pretending to be someone she wasn't, trying to laugh and smile, but the truth was she was missing Mason.
Mason had flew out to an international match in the champions league with the Chelsea squad, a couple of days before Christmas. She was missing him a lot, and her new dog at home was a permanent reminder that he wasn't around right now.
"Do you not think you should like take a break?" Dani laughed, as she waddled into the room, Lacey smiling at her. "I just wanna be at my best yano" Lacey mumbled, as she jumped down from the stage and hugged her bestfriend, her brother walking in just after. "You always sound great, nothing is going to change that other than a cold" Callum mumbled, he was also missing his best friend. "Do you not regret flying out?" Callum questioned to his sister, as they group of them sat down. Lacey sighed, but shook her head. "We're not even together, it's not like it would of made a difference" Lacey mumbled. "Did you tell him about therapy?" Dani questioned, shutting down any other conversation the siblings were going to have. "I haven't no, but there hasn't been time to tell him either" Lacey mumbled, as she chugged a bottle of water from the table. "Didn't Emma literally say that you should tell him and be honest" Dani stated, as Lacey rolled her eyes at her best friend. "Look he flys back tomorrow and then I can see him and tell him before he goes to his families for the holiday" Lacey mumbled, but the truth was she didn't want to tell him, she didn't want to bring up the past that she spoke about weekly, to damage him more than she had already damaged him, and at the moment, between the two young adults everything was going good, they were flirtier - more than usual anyway, and it was just like before, everyone thinking they were in fact together, just miles apart from it.

"He will be the one who got away, I'm having deja vu already, i'm sure we've had this conversation about how he wont wait forever" Dani mumbled, as lacey nodded her head. "But what's holding you back this time? it's not LA, it's not your previous relationship, so what is it?" Dani questioned, as Lacey shrugged her shoulders. She wasn't one hundred percent sure what it was that was holding her back now, there was no honest reason as to why she wasn't in a relationship with Mason. It just wasn't the way things had planned out for her, or for him.

"I wrote a new song" Lacey mumbled, as Dani rolled her eyes, "Great conversation changer, but let's here it" Dani smiled, never wanting to put her friend down for writing music, and it was obvious when Lacey was left speechless for whatever reason, her way of communicating was through singing or songwriting, and that was something Lacey would be forever thankful for, to be talented enough to be able to do that, but she wasn't prepared to write another album about the way she felt about Mason.

--

As Dani, Callum and Lacey all walked to the car, Lacey hung back slightly with her brother, letting Dani walk in front, or waddle in front of them. "Something you want to talk about?" Callum questioned, as Lacey sighed, but nodded her head, looking at her brotehr breifly before they both stopped walking, turning to face each other. "I got offered to go back on tour" Lacey mumbled, as Callum smiled at his sister, congratulating her in a hug, before he pulled back, and the smile dropped from his face. "That's why you have asked Mason to be your boyfriend then" Callum mumbled, as Lacey nodded her head, sighing to herself. "I dont think it would change anything, i really dont, i feel like we could make it work in our own little way, but i told him once before i wouldnt let myself hold him back in football, but i dont know if he would feel the same about my music" Lacey whispered, as Callum shook his head. "He would support you no matter what, anything to see you happy, to see you being yourself, free" Callum stated, as Lacey nodded her head, listening to her brother. "But it's a conversation you need to have him with him, not me, you know i'll support you in whatever you do" Callum smiled, as he wrapped an arm around his sister, as they continued to walk to the car. "But if it's murder, i'm not sure i'd support that" Callum laughed, as Lacey rolled her eyes, hitting his chest slightly, but laughing with him.

As Callum drove with Lacey and Dani in the car back to Lacey's apartment, Lacey pulled her phone out of her pocket, smiling at her lockscreen which was her and Mason hugging at Ben's party, a photo that she believed Lauren had taken of them, but everytime she saw it she couldnt help but smile.

Laces:
Good luck tonight, you'll smash it superstar

Masey:
Always, but you're the superstar :)

Lacey typed out the 'we need to talk' text message, re-reading it a couple of times, before sighing to herself quietly and deleting it, it was something that would have to be done face to face, no matter what effect it had on their relationship in the long run.

Lacey just wanted to be happy, and performing to crowds, no matter how big made her happy, but the problem was, Mason made her just as happier, if not more, so she was left with debate in her head, a constant battle she found herself facing.

Music or Mason.

Authors Note;
Thank you as always for your continued reading, messages, votes and comments, as always it means everything!
Nearly 4,000 reads, thank you so so much ❤️