Chapter 53 - die in hell

Chapter 53

Katsuki stared at Izuku's strong form in front of him. His hair was swaying with the light breeze, the light from the sun adding a nice glow to his skin.

The man turned to him with a small smile, stretching his hand towards him. He felt his chest fill with warmth as he took the hand, letting himself be pulled closer.

"One more jump and then we will continue on the ground." Katsuki nodded, stepping together with Izuku near the edge of the five-story building.

One mistake and they could end up dead, splashed on the floor, but the jump wasn't too long, and with the confidence that was once again pumping in his veins, he wasn't having doubts.

He was the first one to jump, slipping his hand from Izuku's hold before effortlessly making it to the other side. Izuku followed soon after.

They used the stairs by the side of the building to get down and used the shadows to hide from the unwanted attention of heroes lurking around. Traveling on the ground was safer since it provided more places to hide, nevertheless, it was much slower. They needed to get to the other side sooner rather than later, but it was better to be sure than hesitate and fail.

A hero passed them three blocks away from the main tunnel they wanted to use, almost noticing them when Izuku took a step forward and accidentally knocked off a can of soda.

The man acted quickly, returning to the alley between the buildings and pressing Katsuki against the wall next to him with his hand to prevent the other from moving.

Katsuki frowned, ready to swat Izuku's hand away, but he quickly stopped once he realized what happened, staying frozen in place as a tall man with a hero uniform ran past the alley entrance.

Izuku didn't let go for a few minutes after that, waiting for the hero to return. He never did, so they continued moving forward, more hesitant than before.

It was a lot of pressure to move around, every sound was making him flinch, every movement had him raising his fist. His heart was racing the whole time for no reason. Katsuki knew the heroes weren't on guard, but that didn't ease him even if the world stayed peaceful for them.

Minutes later, they reached the tunnel. It wasn't guarded, and nobody looked to be around. It brought questions to his mind. Katsuki squeezed Izuku's hand, feeling his breath coming out fast as they stepped in, letting the dark swallow them. The sunlight didn't reach deep inside the tunnel, but they could manage without it.

None of them dared to talk as they set the course, knowing well the echoes of their voices could reach far, but they both knew to keep close to the walls as a guide.

Izuku's grip around his hand got stronger after a few times Katsuki almost fell forward. It wasn't on purpose, the place was rocky, unkempt, and on the edge of falling. The ceiling was rotten, some pieces of stone had already fallen, creating obstacles for both cars and his feet.

Katsuki turned around in the dark before pausing. Izuku stopped with him, letting out a quiet and confused hum.

He swore he heard something, so he waited, and Izuku waited with him, not forcing him to move. They stayed still, Izuku was on guard, but nothing happened as the silence only stretched.

And then, he could hear it again, a light thumping coming from somewhere in front of them. Both of them tensed as they focused on the sound.

A drop of sweat slid down his neck while the footsteps got louder, heavier, too noticeable to miss them now.

He saw it first before he heard it, a small light lit in the middle of the tunnel, not from a lighter or a match. It was from a gun. Moments later followed a loud bang. Katsuki took a step back, flinching at the sound, but kept his balance.