Chapter 34 - Aira

Chapter 34

He spun his head around, checking if the soldiers were finally out of sight. They were giving up on watching him the second he turned to an alley. Taking a deep breath, he let his body slump against the nearest wall and let himself fall to the ground. With his leg too painful to move, he wouldn't have made it far.

"This is bad." He mumbled while looking up at the blazing sun. A drop of sweat dripped down his forehead and down his neck as the weakness in his body spread. He didn't want to move, probably couldn't, the ache in his muscles was too heavy for his limbs, making them twitch ever so often.

It was getting harder to breathe in the hot weather. All the adrenaline and nervousness took a lot out of him, leaving nothing but an empty body behind. "Dying this soon?" A shadow covered his trembling form, giving him some kind of protection from the sun.

Katsuki gulped, feeling dryness in his mouth. He couldn't focus his eyes, but the deep voice and fuzz of purple was enough information for him to know who was there. "Shit, Katsuki? Can you hear me?"

His head fell to the side before he could move it, his eyes closing as the pain in the back of his head increased when he tried to nod. It hurt. He felt a hand on his shoulder, shaking him lightly. "Shit." Shinsō cursed, putting his hands under the blond to try and get him up.

Katsuki collapsed onto the taller body, breathing heavily as his vision swirled. Thankfully, Shinsō's arms wrapped around him securely before he could fall, picking him up and carrying him to who knew where. His head dropped on Shinsō's collarbone, where it stayed unmoving when the other started to walk quickly.

"You are lucky Shoto told me to look after you." He would’ve rolled his eyes if his head didn't hurt that much, but he could feel the corners of his mouth move on his face 'cause Shoto thought of him. Of course he did.

"Just a bit longer, little guy." Little longer before what? He asked himself internally while he watched the warm colors around him change every so often. His ears rang, and the noises around him sounded like they were muffled by something, including Shinsō's words.

He didn't realize Shinsō was running until the man tripped, almost sending them to the ground, but catching himself at the last second. Why was he running anyway?

Suddenly, all the colors disappeared, turning gray and black. The only colorful thing he could see was Shinsō's purple hair. The man was talking to somebody, waving his hands in desperation as if trying to explain something.

He squirmed his eyes, trying to make out some of the words but it only made his headache more intense. Seconds later, he could feel the gear he was wearing being pulled down. He felt lighter once it was all gone, and he could breathe easier without it, so the first thing he did was take a deep, refreshing breath.

Something wet and cold was placed on his forehead, taking him by surprise. It was pleasant but felt too cold against his burning skin. He hummed while somebody laid him on something soft, his eyes slowly closing as a hand rubbed his head gently. "Is it alright for him to fall asleep?"

"Yes. The lack of sleep might be the reason why he is like this."

Who was there? The second voice sounded familiar but unknown at the same time. Their conversation was disturbed by a loud static voice that sounded like Izuku in his ears.

A hand reached for his belt and pulled out what looked like the radio Izuku gave him. He couldn't tell for sure with his blurry vision. The room was filled with tension he could feel even in his condition. He parted his lips to ask what was going on, but all that came out was a painful exhale.