Chapter 33 - Handle the rest

Chapter 33

"What?! What are you saying?" Katsuki yelled while trying to get up. Shoto pushed him back to the ground, holding him even when he protested. "It's true–" Denki started, raising his hands to his chest to defend himself.

"How do you know it's true?" Shoto asked while standing up, giving Denki a questioning look. "The forces are already here! We will have soldiers everywhere within the morning! Dude, we need to hide him!" Denki whisper-screamed while pointing at Izuku.

"Shit." Katsuki mumbled, running a hand through his hair and tugging at it. They were screwed, there was no doubt about it, but the mission still had to be done. They would get in trouble anyway with Sero not being here.

After a long minute of silence, Katsuki spoke, voice steady and sharp. "Take Izuku before the sun rises, go around the south, soldiers won't be there just yet, I'm sure of it. Make sure to avoid being loud, I will handle the rest."

Mina and Denki nodded, but Shoto and Izuku didn't look much approving of his plan. "How exactly are you going to handle my father attempting to find the rest of your team and me in the city?"

"I said I will handle the rest." Katsuki smirked, shining with confidence that took the two men of guard. Seconds ticked and Shoto finally exhaled, shaking his head while walking towards the jeep.

The man stopped just before the door, sending Katsuki a quick glare. "If anything goes wrong, you run and call me, understand?" Katsuki showed him his middle finger, earning a laugh from Mina and Denki who were already jumping on the trunk.

"I am serious." Shoto grumbled. "Leave it be dude. You know he will call."  Shoto knew Denki wasn't stupid when it came to reading Katsuki so he believed his words and got into the jeep without other protests.

Izuku waited for a few seconds, watching the three get into the jeep before turning to the blond, smile soft and expression gentle. "Stay safe." Katsuki smiled back, raising his fist. Izuku did the same and bumped their fists together.

"So, I will see you once it's over?" Katsuki chuckled, putting his hand down. "God, I hope so." The man hesitated, but after making up his mind, he ruffled Katsuki's hair, and just before Katsuki could grab him, Izuku ran to the jeep.

"Fucker." Katsuki mumbled while watching the other get into the vehicle. Soon, the sound of the engine filled his ears, and he watched as Mina waved him goodbye before driving off. They had around thirty minutes to get at least a few kilometers away from the city, and hopefully away from The Rebel Defiants radar.

Katsuki huffed, looking up at the sky. The reality of the situation was slowly coming to him and he wondered how the fuck was he going to argue sleep-deprived and injured with all of his commanders that he was already on thin ice with.

He will think of something.

But first of all, he needed to figure out how to get to them. His leg won't let him stand for more than ten minutes or less before giving up on him, but he needed to get to the center where Shoto's father and the others surely were.

With a groan, he forced himself to get up, supporting himself with one hand. His breath hitched as a sharp pain went through his leg, but he pushed it back and took his first step. If this is how old people walked then he never wanted to get old.

Thank God, his journey wasn't long, and before he could pass out from exhaustion, he was in front of the meeting house. The old, scrapped building looked livelier than usual, guarded with two soldiers in front of a wooden door with iron handles and sakura flowers carved into the wood.