Chapter 23 - beggining of storm

My story: I went to Wattpad around two days ago to find something to read, and as I scrolled down, I noticed that a lot of book covers have stolen art. I hate it. :-( It didn't take me more than five minutes to find the original artists of my covers, and the least I could do was credit them.
My first two books didn't have credits on them, so I myself did it, but I made my research and credited the art as everyone should. It's quite sad that people don't credit the artists. ಠ_ʖಠ

A/N The first parts are in Shoto's pov. I wanted to write just a bit of time between him and Izuku before coming back to Katsuki. :-D

Chapter 23

Shoto didn't know what to expect when he saw the hero's apartment. He knew people in Yaraoi were wealthy, but the room Midoriya owned was more than even the richest people outside walls could afford.

But he didn't let any of it show on his face, keeping a neutral look as he took a seat on the couch. The view from where he was sitting was mesmerizing. He could see most of the city from here. This place would make a good lookout.

"Do you want something before I leave?" He didn't look away from the window, keeping his eyes on the tall glassy buildings as he answered. "No." There was a long pause and the atmosphere between them was getting heavy, choking him.

"I already set a meeting with the hero that, um, hurt your friend. You don't have to worry about anything. I will make sure to clean all the tracks."

The man's words glued to his skin like a parasite. He clenched his jaw, brows furrowed as he snapped his head in the direction of the hero's voice. "Could you be any more stupid? Isn't it obvious that our tracks can't be covered?! Your government knows about us and sent a hero to get rid of us!" 

Midoriya didn't flinch at his words, but he didn't ignore them either, staying quiet and thinking things through. "We don't know that. That's something only she can confirm."

His fist started to shake. He wanted to stay calm tonight and not make things worse but this guy wasn't helping him. "And why would she attack us then?"

"She might have recognized you or the jeep. You should start thinking and stop protecting your ego." Shoto snapped, his pupils constricting as he stood up from the couch. "I'm not protecting my ego! I'm protecting him!"

The hero knew who he was talking about, but didn't back off. "Katsuki would be safer with me." He laughed, almost rolling his eyes while irritation flew through his blood. 

"He won't be safer with you, not if you are the danger in his life." It was like the world paused. Neither of them said anything more. They glared holes into each other, standing still as if waiting for the other to attack.

"I'm not leaving Katsuki to you," Midoriya said, keeping his voice steady, posture relaxing as a confident smirk appeared on his face. "After all, Katsuki likes his life with a pinch of risk."

Shoto gritted his teeth, watching the man leave the room, giving him a quick wave before disappearing into the room. He was getting worked up, which was dangerous, so he forced himself to relax, laying himself on the couch and let himself stare at the ceiling. "I will keep him safe." And that's a promise.
.
.
.
The hero offered him a ride back to Saigol, which he accepted, because, well, there was no other way for him to get back. The way back was long, and the quiet between them was suffocating. One can only imagine how relieved he was once close to Saigol. 

He almost wanted to jump out of the car just to get away from that man. Before he could leave the car and continue his journey on his own two feet, the man gave him a small piece of paper.