Chapter 52 - I can't help it

A/N I finally got Photoshop and wanted to try it out! I had a bit of time today so I drew a quick illustration, just to try out how it works. Hope u like it <3

Chapter 52

He had to find his way inside on foot. The city was well guarded, but not as much as he thought it would. Shigaraki must have thought they wouldn't bother coming back to Yaraoi.

Still, Katsuki had a hard time getting to Izuku's apartment, where he planned to stay low. Thankfully, the receptionist wasn't there, and all the cards he needed were placed behind the counter. It bothered him that nobody was here.

But that wasn't for him to worry about.

He wasn't yet sure where Denki and the others were, nor how many of his friends Shigaraki actually had, but he had a few guesses.

The number was never specified.

He was leaning against the counter, thinking things over with a cup of water in his hands, already half empty.

The frustration was already getting the best of him, but no matter how much he tried to get control of himself, the unleashed emotions always took the lead.

He took a sip of his water, closing his eyes as the agony in his throat drowned down. His hands felt numb from the ride, barely holding the piece of glass.

With a satisfied sigh, Katsuki rubbed away the drop on the corner of his mouth, ready to move forward. He felt so tired, sometimes just wanting to burn all of the trouble and never look at it, leave it behind.

Wouldn't that be nice?

"I see you got away."

Katsuki flinched, losing his grip, letting the cup fall from his hand and shutter on the floor. The water spilled all over, soaking into his soaks. Sharp pieces of glass became hard to spot, almost invisible on the white floor.

"Izuku?" The said man hummed, crossing his hands while leaning against the door frame. Katsuki finally got the courage to turn around, his shoulders tense as he looked Izuku in the eyes.

His lips parted slightly, ready to explain the situation, but Izuku spoke up first. "I know what happened, we have an audio."

"T-then…"

"Aizawa contacted us. I was informed you were here." He hated how natural Izuku's voice sounded. It wasn't the cheerful happy tone, nor an aggressive and flirting one.

Izuku sounded like he gave up.

Katsuki bit his lip, his hand reaching for the other, but he stopped that movement halfway, once noticing the blue bruise at the side of Izuku's head.

His gaze fell to the floor. 'Did you ever put Midoriya first?' Then what was he supposed to do?

He grabbed at his hair painfully, sliding down to the floor, ignoring the pain caused by the broken glass.

The burden was getting too heavy. Every choice he had to make was so difficult, and he was so scared to choose the wrong one. It could cost him his life, or the lives of others.

"We found them. They are already being sent to safety." He could feel the copper in his mouth from how hard he bit his tongue.

So him coming here was useless.

"And you should leave too." Katsuki let go of his hair, letting his body go slack. Izuku's gaze was heavy, either judging, empty, or… he didn't know.

Izuku turned to leave, but something about his posture was off. Katsuki stared at his back desperately, watching Izuku take a step one after another, leaving his life like Shoto, like Sero.