Chapter 29 - Paranoid

Chapter 29

Mei put her cup down, settling both of her hands on her hips. "So that's how it is." She looked at Izuku, who, at her intense staring, moved his head to the side. "Yeah, so as you can see, we are working with a hero."

Most people would freak out at that kind of information, but Mei just shrugged them off, laughing to herself. "Well, this isn't the first time you did something stupid." Katsuki raised his upper lip, the bridge of his nose wrinkling at the offending remark.

"Anyway, are you looking for something stealthy or something that truly goes Boom Boom? 'Cause I have both." Mei winked, opening one of her many wooden drawers. Shoto pushed forward, starting to talk. The other was usually the one in charge of their attack techniques so Katsuki let Shoto discuss things.

In the meantime, he spared a glance at Izuku. The man was too busy admiring the handmade tantōs hanging from the wall, the tips of his fingers carefully sliding along the painted handles.

They were elegant, in different variants, sharp like a razor and strong, made out of steel that could withstand anything. It was a dangerous accessory, one that could put anyone in the grave, but beautiful nonetheless.

"This will take a while." Mina said when Katsuki turned his back to Shoto's and Mei's conversation. "I can go look in the back. Wanna join Mina? I haven't thanked you for the steel, and I'm sure there will be something you would like."

Mina jumped with joy at the offer, following Mei into the back. "So what did you get?" Katsuki asked Shoto, as he was staring in the direction where the two girls disappeared behind the doors.

"We are going to do this quietly. No unnecessary risks." He rolled his eyes, knowing exactly that Shoto was referring to his recklessness. "This workshop is amazing!" The two of them looked at Izuku who was towering over a set of axes.

"Mei isn't the one to half-ass things, so of course it's amazing." Izuku nodded eagerly, looking to the side before pausing, his eyes went wide, and with wobbly steps, he came closer to the stunning sight.

There, in the corner, leaning against the wall, was an action rifle. Sakura flowers were carved into the wooden handle, accompanied by a few gold leaves, showing the detailed work of the sculptor. Izuku eyed it with his mouth opened, looking at it as if it was love at first sight.

"How much does she want for this?" Katsuki raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms while looking at the list on the wall, framed in a wooden frame behind glass. "Decorated guns… rifles…" He mumbled to himself, going down the list to find the one Izuku wanted.

"2000 euros. Damn." It was highly expensive, but Izuku didn't even blink at the amount. "Amazing! I will have to talk to her later." Katsuki watched as Izuku stumbled back, turning to another set of what looked like daggers.

"Idiot." "Idiot with money." Shoto corrected him.

His stomach grumbled, warning him of an upcoming ache if he doesn't eat soon. "I will head to the market, will you handle it?" Shoto smiled, nodding while patting his head which he brushed off. He slowly headed out, yelling "don't miss me too much" before slamming the door.

Izuku turned at the sound of slamming the door, noticing Katsuki left.

"I will go with him."

"No–" Shoto raised a hand to stop the other, but the door behind them slammed open, revealing a very excited Mei. "My babies are ready! Let's make a deal Shoto!" The other paused, glaring at Izuku, before putting his hand down.

"Don't do anything. One complaint from Katsuki and I'm killing you." Izuku ran to the exit door, waving them goodbye before slamming the door behind himself. "He is like a happy dog." Mei said, putting her hands on her hips.