Chapter 9 - those days

Chapter 9

By the time Izuku brought him back, the tension from their conversation vanished. They talked a bit on their way to his house because the man insisted on walking him home, and only after Katsuki kicked his ass and told him to 'fuck off', he listened.

That was yesterday, and now he was sitting in a bar, surrounded by his team, trying so much to focus on their chat, but his mind always came back to Izuku.

"Blasty! You didn't even touch your drink." Mina pouted across the table. He blinked, looking down at the small glass of whiskey and ice. "What's on your mind honey? You look more tired these past days."

He ran a hand through his hair, quickly taking a sip of his drink, squirming at the sorrowful taste before flipping her off. "But it's true, dude! And the accident with your radio was weird too. You are usually the most careful person when it comes to this."

Kaminari added, earning a glare from him. He didn't tell what happened with his radio to Mina and she didn't ask, but the news that he broke it was soon delivered to his team.

"Suspicious." "Shut up Sero, it's not suspicious." Denki laughed, finishing his drink in one go before waving at the bartender to give him another one.

"Anyway, I think our last guest arrived." Sero said as a gloved hand landed on his shoulder, putting a bit of pressure on it. "Good evening everyone." Shoto said. Sometimes, the man joins their gatherings.

His team always invites him but Shoto only comes when Katsuki is there. "Don't be so polite! Let's chill tonight! Here, have a drink." Denki pushed Shoto down next to him before the other could even react and forced a low-ball glass with vodka in his hand.

"Yes, sugar, relax while you can." Mina said, raising the glass. Everyone did the same and soon, the drinking started. Katsuki kept himself in check while the others...

After half an hour, Denki was laying on the table singing a song while Mina and Sero sang along, hugging each other as if their life depended on it.

It was all weird but funny at the same time. The atmosphere was light and familiar. He caught Shoto smiling to himself once or twice, trying to hide it by covering his face with his hand.

"You got me singing~ I looove yo-" Before Kaminari could finish the refrain, he moved to the wrong side and fell off the table. Mina and Sero laughed their asses off and he couldn't help but join them.

"I think we should cut it for the night." "Nooo!" Everyone protested, but when he says something, it's the final word. "Katsuki." Shoto leaned closer to him, whispering into his ear, his hot breath hitting the back of his neck. He slapped the spot on his neck where he felt it, looking up to meet the eyes of the other.

"Let's talk outside, near the edge. You like that spot." "We like that spot." He corrected, trying hard to ignore the sensation from Shoto's action. His team would probably be too busy chatting to notice him and Shoto leaving so it will probably be fine.

Before taking off, he called the bartender and asked him not to give any more drinks to his idiots unless it's water. The man nodded, going back to washing the glass, but kept an eye on his group.

This bar was his favorite place. The paintings on the walls were shining with the light coming from the candles. They were good for keeping him in the right state of mind. There weren't many places with paintings, and especially not with trees and forests. He loved just looking at them and imagining how would it feel to have trees like that all around Saigol.

Katsuki knew the owner and always came here to take advice from him. The old man was like a second father to him, as grumpy and tired looking as he was, the man always cared for him.