Chapter 48 - Who is this

Chapter 48

A/N
Me: finished with chapter, one click away from posting it.
Wattpad: *crashed* gotcha bitch

"Ok, open your eyes." The soft fabric fell from his head, running down his cheeks before disappearing completely. Even with it gone though, he hesitated, focusing more on his other senses.

It was noisy, the sound of people talking overpowering everything else. The air was cold, but not enough to wear a jacket and the smell of freshness was swaying all around him, filling his lungs. It was all familiar but somehow different.

His eyes didn't take anything in at first, with too many details to focus at once. Everything was so vibrant, the buildings stood tall with people walking beneath them like they weren't one of the most architectural amazements he ever saw.

But that wasn't what caught his eyes.

Katsuki looked up at Izuku and then back around. He probably looked like a weirdo, but this wasn't something he had on his palm of his whole life.

The leaves above them ruffled, reminding him of all the trees around him, so beautiful, so unique, all of them different but also the same. They were turning yellow, something he read about a long time ago due to seasons.

"Rain begins in two minutes." The speakers on the street lamps announced, the voice echoing into the distance. People seemed to move faster after the announcement, just some of them stayed.

"You said you wanted to see rain." Katsuki swallowed, looking up at the forming clouds above them. No way. "I haven't forgotten." Izuku dragged him out, promising a surprise, even with him protesting.

He wasn't into surprises, not only that, but the feeling of going out just before they were supposed to meet the higher-ups was making him want to bite his nails off.

But Izuku promised they wouldn't stay long so he grabbed the new clothes, specifically ordered for him, and with uncertainty stepped outside with Izuku by his side.

The second they got inside the car, his eyes were covered. Izuku assured him that nothing will happen, that the cloth will be taken down soon, and he trusted him.

"Rain begins in one minute." The people around them took out their umbrellas, Izuku explained their purpose and how to open them, but seeing them in real life was different than just imagining them.

There were so many of them too, pink, orange, some of them even had patterns. Soon the whole park was filled with colors, men and women, even children holding their colorful umbrellas above their heads, ready for the rain to drop.

"Rain starts in thirty seconds." Nobody was nervous, the kids were giggling and the adults were continuing their conversation, he seemed to be the only one who was worried.

Katsuki looked up at the sky once more, waiting, expecting a change. One of the books he read explained how when the clouds get darker, the rain gets stronger, sometimes accomplished by lightning he had yet to see.

But the clouds above his head were white with a few grey spots. Was this what rain truly looks like? "The rain is now starting." At first, nothing happened.

No matter how much he was trying to spot a difference, he found nothing, and then, something wet hit his face. The drop of water was cold, sliding down his cheek and neck before being absorbed into his shirt.

Seconds later, another followed, and another, and before he knew it, thousands of droplets were falling from the sky, striking his face, creating puddles on the ground. Kids liked them, jumping in and out of them. He didn't understand why.