Chapter 15 - a place

Chapter 15

He didn't pay any attention to the red, angry clouds or the rich colors forming on the sky above his head. He didn't even look up to see the flock of red-crowned cranes flying in the direction of the sun.

His focus was only on his target, the old, rusty tin exactly three hundred meters away. It was hard to miss it with a Russian SVD rifle, but you still had to have a strong grip and a good eye to hit the target flawlessly.

He held his breath, looking through his old scope, positioning the rifle just right to have the crosshair perfectly in the middle of the tin before his finger pushed the trigger.

The loud shot created a dust wave around him, swaying all the sand from the old board he was leaning on into the air. His ears rang from the sound, leaving him deaf for a few seconds he spent reloading the rifle.

He used the binoculars attached to his belt to look how he did, smirking at the crumpled tin on the ground. "Never miss a shot, huh?" Katsuki's head shot up at the familiar voice shouting behind him.

"Of course not, fucker. Who do you take me for?" Sero hummed, taking his rifle, and joined Katsuki on the ground, getting into the position to shoot.

"You are meeting with that hero soon, right?" Sero's elbows hit the old board on the ground as he looked through the scope, aiming for the tin five hundred meters away.

Katsuki sat up, leaning his hand on his knee. "Yeah." Sero pulled the trigger, quickly reloading and moving to the next tin. Katsuki took his binoculars again and looked at the next tin seven hundred meters away. He watched as it bounced up at the impact of the bullet before hitting the ground.

Sero was just too good with rifles, better than Katsuki. He could work with rifles, sure, but he would never do such a clean work as Sero would. "Do you want to go there?"

The small training camp was empty, plus it was detached from Saigol at least enough so people couldn't overhear them. Nobody, except his and Shoto's team, had permission to enter this place, but he caught a few soldiers in training chatting here, but not often.

So he shouldn't worry about somebody listening. This place was safe. "I'm not sure." Sero put down the rifle, looking up at him. "You know if you don't want to, you don't have to go."

"Izu— that hero can break the deal if I don't come."

"What deal?"

'Ah, shit!' He was such a dumb fuck. This is why he didn't talk much around his group, the words always seem to slip out of his mouth when he is around them. He glanced down at Sero's worried face, squirming as he tried to hold his emotions in. "Just don't tell the others."

Sero let the rifle be, looking him up and down as he sat up. "That depends on the answer." Keeping a secret now would make things worst, so with a long sigh, his eyes fell, and his lips started moving.

"We made a deal. He helps us and in exchange, he wants my time. Easy." "That's all?" Sero's voice was doubtful, and he didn't blame him for that. Katsuki himself had a hard time believing that, just waiting for Izuku to show his true colors every time they were together.

"I wonder..." Sero started, frowning at the ground as if it offended him. "How is that hero able to purchase all of that. There is no way every civilian from Yaraoi is that wealthy."

A memory flashed in Katsuki's mind. Izuku offered him a lot of money as the first idea of helping them out before changing it and deciding supplies were a better idea. He never thought of how Izuku would get that money.