Chapter 51 - Trust me

Chapter 51

They didn't bother to tie him up. He was dragged to the side, got a few good hits from Shigaraki himself until he was a bleeding mess before being mercilessly thrown into a car.

His head was pounding and his vision was a bit blurry, but he maintained his consciousness. Breathing slowly helped a lot, just like focusing on the sound of the humming engine.

It kept him awake.

Katsuki sighed in frustration while leaning against the window. He had a hope that Shigaraki would at least take another car, but life fucked him over once again.

"I like you, even if you are an outsider." Shigaraki interrupted the long silence, glancing back at his beaten form.

Was that supposed to be a compliment? Because if it was coming from that guy's mouth, it was an insult to him.

"It's a shame I have to kill you." Katsuki looked up from his lap outside the window at the birds that seemed to be following him.

"Why bother keeping me alive then?" Shigaraki shrugged, keeping his gaze on the road ahead of them. "Ask Kurogiri."

The birds did a loop around each other before one of them changed direction, the other didn't bother to follow him.

He hit Izuku pretty hard back then and wondered if it was the last straw. Will he come back for him?  He didn't want to be alone for too long, but that thought was selfish.

Katsuki bit his lip, holding back the sorrowful feeling. It was difficult when there was no distraction to concentrate on.

"Why did you choose to leave him? You could have stayed safe." Why indeed.

"I couldn't help it." Shigaraki crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow at his answer. Katsuki ignored him, raising his shaky hands to wipe the blood from his face.

"Did you ever put Midoriya first?" He paused, eyebrows twitching together in confusion. "The fuck does that mean?"

Shigaraki huffed as if the answer was obvious. "You are stupid, kid." Katsuki waited for more, but after the insult, Shigaraki kept his mouth shut.

"Sir, you have a call." The driver announced, and just like that, the man's attention was completely swiped away.

Katsuki slowly moved his gaze away from him, glaring outside. A wave of nausea engulfed him at the sight of wooden parts buried in the sand.

The parts that surely belonged to what was left of the once-standing houses. "You will love the view." Shigaraki said with a hint of a smirk in his tone, done with his phone call that Katsuki didn't bother to listen.

The wooden planks turned into ruins, so shattered he wondered what kind of weapons they used to do such damage.

Few areas that were on fire were still not put down, eating what was left, creating a fog that hid whatever was hiding in the distance.

The city was destroyed, the only thing he held dear, the people he knew were all gone in a matter of seconds.

His posture slumped in defeat. He wasn't fast enough. Fuck. Katsuki tore his gaze away, only for his face to be grabbed and pushed back to the view.

"No, look what you did. Drown in guilt." He didn't fight the touch, letting Shigaraki dig his nails into his cheeks.

He wondered where the survivors were or if there were any. All he could see were dark figures with guns in their hands, wandering around, their faces hidden by the gas masks.