Chapter 20 - mission part 2

Chapter 20

The wind was strong, whistling in his ears so loudly, he felt deaf. It was something he was familiar with. The adrenaline rush and the fear of making a mistake were still in front of his mind, mixing with the feeling of relaxation.

It's been years since he rode a motorcycle and all those emotions coming back were heavy, weighing him down so hard he felt like he couldn't do it anymore, couldn't ride as well as before. 

He wished that he at least had a helmet. It was hard to keep his eyes open with the tears constantly filling them before being ripped off by the harsh wind. 

There was no time for this. His friends were in a life-or-death situation so he had to suck it up. He gripped the gas pedal in frustration, feeling the raw power of the breeze increase and slowly gained more speed, making the sand behind him rise, creating something similar to a smokescreen.

The road was uneven. He had to hold himself up. Thankfully, Izuku had a good suspension on his motorcycle so the ride wasn't unbearable. He breathed in, feeling the cold air extend his lungs, and then, as he spotted their jeep together with an unwanted opponent, he grinned. "Time for action."

He turned slightly right towards them, feeling the nervousness tingling on his skin as the motorcycle wobbled. Whoever was following the jeep noticed him, but didn't fully turn his attention to him, which was a big mistake.

He pushed at the grips. The movement activated the motorcycle's boost engines, making the familiar green light run down its frames as a confirmation. He will have to thank Izuku later for showing him this.

Everything around him was blurry as he gained the speed he needed to catch up while the grin on his face never vanished. And then, the enemy finally paid attention to him, leaving the jeep be.

He turned sharply as the guy in front of him tried to lose him by blinding him with the sand which was waving from his wheels. But he had none of that, never giving the other the chance to stay perfectly in front of him. 

He quickly glanced at the jeep who was safely getting away and with a sigh of relief, pulled the clutch, locking up the rear tire before turning to the side. He never drifted on unstable ground, but that didn't mean he couldn't do it.

With a smooth glide, he was able to get on the enemy's left side, ready to take the lead. As he was getting closer and closer, the other shifted, as if reaching for something.

He squirmed his eyes, studying the movement before his heart dropped. Even if everything was going fast, he felt like the time slowed down when the other pulled out a gun, which they then aimed at him.

He ducked down, rapidly turning away, almost falling and accidentally killing himself. The enemy wasn't looking where they were shooting, eyes fixated on the road.

That was probably the only reason why he was still alive. He was able to dodge the bullets, none of them hitting him nor the motorcycle. The other pulled his arm back to reload, and Katsuki took the chance to strike, turning the gas pedal and trying one more time.

He didn't hesitate as he came closer, waiting until they were lined up before kicking the black fuel tank of the other motorcycle. It was a stupid idea, he could easily kill both of them, but it was the only thing that came to his mind.

The motorcycle next to him sharply twisted, almost sending the other to the ground, but that didn't happen. He was able to keep his balance too and was ready to give it a second shot, even if the enemy knew what he was trying to pull off.

The person turned his head to him, but due to the helmet, Katsuki wasn't able to pick up on the expression they wore. He didn't miss the way they were slowing down. Whoever was attacking, didn't want to risk getting killed.