Chapter 43

"What? Not scared?" Miguel asked as she just calmly looked upon him.

"Nope," she shrugged. "I learned to accept death at a very young age because of my parents."

"They were just preparing you," Miguel smirked.

"And they did," Lisa agreed. "So you are just wasting your time trying to intimidate me because it no longer works. They have done so much to me physically and mentally that nothing you do will no longer affect me. Your manipulation no longer works my sweet uncle. I figured out all your tactics," She said as she walked further into the room like she owned it and casually sat down in the chair across from him. She pulled out one of her knives and started spinning in open bladed between her fingers.

"You did?" He asked as he sat the gun on the table. "Pry tell, what have you figured out?"

"Oh that you are nothing compared to my father," She shrugged and bit back the smirk at the anger that burned in his eyes. "You were probably always compared to him and it pissed you off. That's why I only saw you a handful of times in my entire life and why I never thought you would come after me after their death until you realized that I was the one that turned them in. Once the siege was over you realized there was absolutely nothing for you to take over and that pissed you off because it was your chance to show what you were capable of but there was nothing there so you had to start over from scratch and no one trusted you because you never saw potential until you realized I was alive. You were able to find some low life minions that were scared of the Medina name so they jumped at working for you but they were nothing compared to who were devoted to my stupid ass parents."

"My brother was not stupid!" Miguel slammed his fists down and she shrugged. "He was arrogant and greedy and dark but he wasn't stupid!"

"If he wasn't stupid then why didn't it ever cross his mind that his daughter who made it clear for years that she didn't want to take over would ever turn him in the first chance she had?" Lisa asked looking up at him with bored eyes. "If someone says something repeatedly then one should take notice."

"You stupid ass bitch!" Miguel fumed. "You could have had the world if you weren't so naïve."

"I may be naïve but at least I pay attention to my surroundings and what people say," She stood. "If my parents had then maybe they would still be alive and beating me into submission." She shrugged, "But they aren't so once again, stupidity and you're just a stupid as they are for ever thinking you would be like Jose Medina."

Miguel stormed over to her and slapped her in the face. She snapped her head back to him and glared with so much ice in her black eyes that even Owen would haven taken a step back. "Now you listen here little girl, I am much worse than my older brother. I have years and years of built up resentment for him never including me in the family business and I have no problem taking it out on his traitorous spawn. I could have made the business so much more if he would ever listen to me, so don't ever call me stupid again."

"You are fucking stupid for laying a hand on me," Lisa spat blood on his face. "I'm off the medicines you tried to fuck me up with so I would not lay a hand on me again or you will unleash something you wished you hadn't."

Miguel raised his hand and slapped her again. "You are nothing little girl," he chuckled, "you won't do shit to me. You are just as worthless as your parents said you were. You are nothing and will always be nothing Amore."

Something snapped in Lisa and she saw red. In a flash she clutched the knife she was spinning and stabbed him in the stomach. She twisted it and yanked up smirking as he let out a gasp and took a step back. She punched him in the face and kicked the knife making him fall. She flung the blood that had seeped on her hands off making them spatter across the floor. He yanked the knife out and grabbed her ankle making her fall. She kicked him in the face as he yanked her to him and stabbed her in the hip. She refused to scream and kicked him with everything she could. She grabbed her other knife and swung, effectively reaching her mark and cut his arm.

"You stupid bitch," he growled as he pinned her down and stabbed her wherever he could. The pain seared through her but she refused to scream. She wouldn't give him that pleasure. He tossed the knife away and laughed as she struggled to breath. He grabbed the gun that fell from the hoodie that was barely hanging on and chuckled. "You could have shot me already but you chose a knife instead? Who's the stupid one now?"

She chuckled and rolled over. "Who said that was my only gun?" She pulled Raven's gun out from her back and shot him in the chest. The look of confusion and bewilderment cross his face as he fell. She weakly stood and shot him multiple times in the chest then smirked, "Guess you're the stupid one for doubting me." She shot him in the head with her final bullet. She dropped the gun and tried to take a deep breath but it hurt too much, she would have settle for short gasps for now.

The door burst open and she flung her last knife at whoever entered. "Damn Cupcake," Luke gasped as he caught the knife with both his hands before it struck him in the chest.

"Shit," She breathed as slipped into darkness, the last thing she heard was them screaming her name before the darkness completely enveloped her.