Chapter 29

"Are you telling us that Amore is Lisa?" Luke asked and Uncle nodded.

"Tell me what did the media report on the siege?" Uncle asked and Victor and Corey started typing away on their laptops.

"Every report just says the Medina Family was killed, there's nothing in any of them even the dark web about a body count," Victor says after a few moments of silence.

"Exactly," Uncle said as he went back to twirling the coin in between his fingers. "Once we got her out we put her into hiding for a two years just to make sure no one still devoted to the family were looking into it as well as improving her English and making sure she could pass for American."

"Okay, so how did she get into Oklahoma and what made her move here recently and why did she run from us?" Owen asked and Uncle sighed.

"Once she felt she was ready to come out of hiding she chose the name Rose and she wanted to live in New York. She went to college and things were doing good, we would just stay in contact once a month just for updates and such. She met a boy and she seemed happy. She said the PTSD and anxiety were almost gone. There was talk of them even possibly living together. I stopped by for a visit and instantly knew something was wrong. He was controlling everything but playing it off as caring for her to help reduce her stress."

"I kill him," Raven growled and Uncle shook his head.

"You actually already did," Uncle smirked and they looked at him confused. "The motorcycle drug run you busted for us in New York?"

"The one that was running cocaine and kidnapping girls out of subways?" North asked and Uncle nodded. "She was involved in that?"

"No," Uncle shook his head. "She had no idea other than Stephen was in the motorcycle group. He was able to hide it very well as a tattoo artist. Once I was able to convince her he was actually mentally abusing her as well as that I knew about the physical abuse she wanted to try and start over again but she was scared he would look for her. Hence the tip to you from me and once I showed her the video of you handling it she was able to try to move forward again. She chose Oklahoma and things were okay but her PTSD and anxiety were coming back then she started showing signs of depression. She feared she would be alone forever and was feeling guilty about her life and all the chaos that came with it. She called me shortly after being in Oklahoma a while and she said she was doing better some days but she still had dark days too. Dr. Roberts took a trip to visit and adjusted her medicine."

"That was when he went on vacation out of the blue," Sean said and Uncle nodded.

"He came back when he felt she was stable and reported that he didn't think she was aware but there was a chance of someone stalking her. We ran face recognition and come to find out there was an uncle we weren't aware of because he hardly was involved in the family business. He actually found her and threatened her. We took the opportunity of him knowing about her mental health and staged her committing suicide and I moved her here to be closer so I could keep better eye on her since he disappeared and we haven't found him yet."

"Okay but that doesn't explain why she ran when she found out who we are," Nathan said.

"Yes it does," Kota nodded. "We're public about who we are. If the uncle was to see her with us or anyone else that may still have ties to the cartel they would realize she helped plan the raid and escaped and go after her in retaliation."

"Fuck," They said in unison.

"Do you think this Dr. Smith is involved somehow?" Sean asked and Uncle nodded.

"Unfortunately, I do, especially since I wasn't aware of the night terrors so they came after the uncle showed up in the picture. We need to figure out how she even came across this Dr. Smith, what he knows about her and how he is involved," Uncle said sighing. "I also wonder if the sheriff is just obsessed with her by coincidence or could he possibly have ties to the uncle as well. Something is obviously going on between the sheriff and the doctor based on this so called routines and check lists, so what are they up to and are they involved in with the uncle? If she hasn't had any of her medicines in three days then what kind of state is she going to be in?"

"We need to find her," Owen said and everyone nodded.