Chapter 24

"What?" she gasped and tried to take step back but realized Nathan was still holding her in place. She started trembling and side stepped making him let go of her. She took a step away from them and shook her head. "You're wrong, they aren't mean."

"Oh but I am right," Sheriff Jones gleamed watching her reaction to the news. "Just ask them, if you don't believe me."

"Tell him he's wrong Owen," She pleaded and watched everyone sigh in defeat. "No, tell him he's wrong Owen. Tell him."

"I can't Darling," Owen shook his head. "I told you I would never lie to you so I can't. I'm sorry Darling but he's telling you the truth."

"What?" She gasped dropping her bear as her hands went to mouth.

"We are the Mafia Kings of the United States and Mr. Ravenstahl is the prince of the Russian Mafia, his parents are the king and queen of the Russian Mafia," Owen sighed.

"No," She shook her head and started panicking. "No," She started clutching at her shirt.

"Shit," Sean gasped as he rushed to put in the code to unlock the gate. "She's having a panic attack." Once the gate opened he rushed over to her where Luke and Gabe were trying to calm her down.

"See what you fucking did?" Silas growled as he stormed over to the sheriff.

"Yes I did," He grinned. "I made sure she will stay away from you and will soon be by my side."

"No," Owen shook his head as he watched her flinch away from everyone and lash out if they tried to touch her. "You just cost all of us her, even you." The sheriff looked at him confused. "You made her scared of us and she is terrified of you from the bruises you left her and the breaking and entering she knows about so she's terrified of what you would do. You just lost all of chances of her, even yourself. I hope you are happy with yourself Sheriff. Get the fuck off my property before I'm not liable of what I will do to you for this."

"Please just stop Lisa," Sean pleaded as he tried to reach out to her but she gasped and scooted even more away from her. Sometime while Owen was talking to the sheriff she had fallen on her butt and she hadn't been able to rise just yet. "Okay, Lisa, okay no one will come close to you. Please just close your eyes and listen to my voice. I need you to try your best to calm down so you can breathe better. Please try and take slow long deep breathes."

She felt the rough gravel under her hands and clutched at it. She tried to focus on what he was saying and Silas popped up in her mind. She thought back to his breathing and tried to mimic how he was breathing during her last panic attack. After a few minutes she got her breathing under control and uncurled from her little ball she formed during her attack. She slowly opened her eyes and found the whole team plus the sheriff watching her.

"Please come inside so I can give you a check up?" Sean asked and she shook her head.

"Can I take you to the hospital to get checked out?" Sheriff Jones asked and she shook her head.

"I want to go home," She whispered and Sean sighed.

"Your stuff isn't in the apartment anymore," Owen said softly. "Do you remember?"

"I don't want to be here," She pouted and Owen sighed.

"Okay," he nodded. "I will give you the money for a hotel of your choice tonight then can we talk about this tomorrow please?"

"I can get her a hotel," Sheriff Jones glared.

"I can get my own hotel," She glared. "I just need my stuff but I don't want to go back in there."

"I will go get it," Gabe sighed and headed into the mansion.

"I will give you a ride," Owen and Sheriff Jones said at the same time then turned their deadly looks to each other.

She rolled her eyes, "I will walk," She said defiantly.

"Baby please no," North shook his head. "Please take my second car," She started to shake her head and he raised his hands in surrender. "I swear on everything in me the car has no tracking devices so none of us will be able to tell where you go unless you tell us. Please just take my car so you won't have to walk at night. Please it will give us some peace of mind that you will be okay instead of worrying about what could happen with you walking. I promise there is no tracking device on it."

She sighed as Gabe dropped two duffel bags down beside her. "Just the essentials for now," he said trying to not lash out at the sheriff.

"Fine," She rolled her eyes and he tossed her a set of keys. "Don't follow me any of you." She glared and they nodded. She put the bags in the car and drove away.

The team turned and looked at Sheriff Jones with murder in their eyes. He turned and walked over to his car then drove away.

"Guys," Luke said softly and they turned to him. He bent down and picked up her comfort bear and cellphone.