Chapter 25

"Is the tracking still on the sheriff's car?" Owen asked and Victor nodded.

"He's still following Lisa so we know where she is. We aren't technically following her, we're following the sheriff," Corey shrugged, "so we aren't technically going against her demands."

"We have a problem," Sean said as he came into the room nervously.

"What else could go wrong tonight?" North glared and Sean held up Lisa's prescription bottles.

"FUCKING HELL!" North yelled.

"Fuck," Gabe sighed as he ran his hand down her face, "I can't believe I fucking forgot about her meds."

"You couldn't have got them anyway," Sean shook his head. "My cabinet is fingerprint access only."

"Where are they?" Owen asked and Victor looked at the computer screen.

"Walmart," He said then shrugged, "maybe she is getting some snacks and stuff for staying in a hotel for a bit. They just got there so I bet she is about to find the gift Gabe left for her."

"She isn't going to be happy about it," Gabe shook his head.

"Too bad, she needs it," Nathan growled. "I still don't like this."

"None of us do," Owen sighed, "But we can't force her to stay with us. We aren't our parents. Once she calms down I am sure she will reach out to us and we will be there in an instant for her. She knows we would never hurt her, we just have to have faith in that the bond we have made in the short amount of time we have known her and trust she will reach out to us soon."

"I still say we need to beat the shit out of the sheriff," Brandon growled and Raven nodded then said some stuff in Russian.

"Oh trust me he will be going down real soon," Owen said as he sat at his desk and put his elbows on his desk with his drink in his hand. "We just have to wait for the perfect opportunity."

(Meanwhile)

Lisa took a deep breath and shook her head. She glanced back and sure enough the dumb ass Sheriff was still following her. She pulled into the Walmart parking lot and reached into the duffel bags and there was her wallet. She opened it and groaned, Gabe had stuck a wad of cash and a bank card in it. She grabbed her purse and wallet and headed inside. She grabbed some clothes and then headed over to the hair dye section. She also grabbed a burner phone. After she purchased everything with cash she slipped into the bathroom and quickly changed clothes.

She opened the phone and grinned when it had some power. She took a deep breath and dialed a well known number, "hey I need your help. I'm being tailed by a pervert sheriff with an authority complex and I've screwed up big time. I somehow managed to catch the eyes of the fucking Mafia kings. Quit fucking laughing and bring me a car so I can get rid of this tail, please? Walmart, black dodge challenger. Thanks I really appreciate it. I owe you. Yeah this is a burner, I know the routine new burner every stop I got the hair dye I just need to get a hotel first. Thanks."

She powered off the phone and leaned against the bathroom stall. She took a deep sigh and clutched the phone tightly. She thought she was done running, she thought this was all behind her and now she's in this fucking mess again. She took a deep breath and slowly let it out. She could do this again, and this time it would be the last time she promised herself. Her phone beeped with a thumbs up emoji and she softly smiled. She slipped the baseball cap she bought on and slipped outside. It was pitch black and crowded so she quickly grabbed the new bags and transferred her stuff over and then put the new bags in the car beside her. Once she checked everything she slipped her star necklace off and hung it from the mirror then shut the door and hid the keys in a spot she knew North would instantly look. She got in the trans am and pulled out. She spotted the sheriff still in his car reading a magazine and occasionally would look up. She sighed in relief that he didn't notice the transfer and smirked when she saw he was still there as she left the parking lot. She took another deep breath and headed towards the highway. She was doing the right thing, she told herself so why did her heart hurt so much?