Chapter 37: Friends

The sound of my cell ringing woke me up, and I quickly grabbed it, answering whoever was calling me with, "Hello?"

"Hello, Sunshine! How are you doing today?" Sara said, greeting me and I smiled hearing her voice because I missed her and Brittany. We usually don't spend this much time apart without one of us seeing the other.

"I'm doing okay, still in bed; you just woke me up, actually... thanks for that," I revealed with a soft, sarcastic tone, and I heard my best friend laugh at my words. I wanted to laugh too, but I didn't want to wake Mia up because she was wrapped around me.

"Why are you like practically whispering right now? You do know it is hard to hear you, right?" She asked, and I shook my head at her even though she couldn't see it.

"Mia's still sleeping, and I don't—" I started to answer, but I was cut off when my girl moved and lifted her head to look at me.

"I'm awake, Bri. It's okay; you can talk normally, but... I will be staying right here. You're so comfortable," Mia stated, and my heart jumped at what she just told me. I watched her get situated, resting her head on my chest again.

I decided that since there was no point to keep quiet anymore, I put Sara on speakerphone and said, "Nevermind, Mia's awake now. So, how are you? What are your plans with Britt today?"

"I don't think we have any, honestly. She's actually still sleeping, and I'm in the kitchen attempting to cook her something to eat. I hope that might lift her spirits some, ya' know?" My friend replied, and I knew what she meant. Brittany has been taking Mia's memory loss hard; she misses her, as do we all.

"I understand, and please give my love to her and a hug. Mia and I are going to get up and see what we want to do. I'll text you in a bit, okay?" I added.

"Of course, you know I will. Do the same to Mia from both of us, and I'll talk to you later, my friend," Sara finished.

"Goodbye for now," I concluded, then hung up the phone call.

"Brittany is closer with me, isn't she?" Mia suddenly asked, and I frowned.

"Yeah, she is. How did you know?"

"I looked through our text conversations, and reading how we are with one another... it seemed the logical conclusion," My girl responded, and I nodded in agreement.

"She misses you, we all do, and I know you can sense that. You're smart, and you know how to read people," I added, and when she lifted her head from my chest for the second time today, the look she held seemed thoughtful.

"I want them to come over today. I'd like all of us to talk, and I want to learn how we met. Can we do that? Plus, Sara did say they didn't have plans yet. You should text her and tell her and Brittany to come over," Mia said, and I grinned at her words.

"I think that's an amazing idea, honey," I replied, causing her to blush, which I loved to do to her.

"You love doing that, don't you?" She asked with her eyes squinted, playfully.

"Doing what?" I teased innocently, which caused her to giggle.

"Making me blush, silly," Mia answered, and I just nodded my head slowly while smirking, which made her shake her head at me.

"Yes, I do. I always will," I confirmed, making my girl blush even more as she withdrew from my embrace and stood up from the bed.

"You go ahead and make our plans while I shower, okay?" My girl suggested. I gave her an affirmative nod and watched her go into the bathroom right after. Then, I opened my chat with Sara and began texting her.