Chapter 28: Accident

I checked on my friends when I woke up earlier, but they weren't in the apartment anymore; they left me a note, though. It turned out they needed to take care of a few errands before their meeting later this evening with Brittany's parents. I used the restroom and then saw a text from Mia saying she'd be coming home tonight, which excited me greatly. Since I still had no plans to do anything except wait for Mia, I got back into bed and fell asleep for a little while longer.

When I came to, an hour or so later, I sighed and just kept laying there, trying to decide what I could do to pass the time. However, nothing seemed to cross my mind, and I got annoyed. You know what... fuck it. I'm not going to do anything today. I just want to lay in bed and chill until Mia gets home. I closed my eyes and got comfortable again, only to have my phone ring. I let out a sigh, saw it was my dad, and I answered it, saying, "Hey, Dad."

"Hello, my long, lost daughter," My dad said after I greeted him, making me chuckle at his comment.

"Hello, my weird, confusing dad," I replied.

"Haha, touché. So... How are you?" He asked me.

"I am good, Dad. How are you?" I answered.

"Honestly, I am okay, I guess..."

"Why do you guess?" I asked, curious.

"Because it's been like a million years since you have visited us. You know...? Your parents. We miss you." My dad explained, and I shook my head.

"I saw you just a couple of weeks ago at my graduation," I stated, smiling.

"I don't recall," He joked.

"You don't?" I countered.

"Nope."

"Really?" I said, and I knew he could tell I was smiling just as I knew he was doing the same thing.

"Mhmm... So, don't make me beg for you to visit your mother and me, 'cause I will." My dad added.

"Oh, my goodness. You're laying it on rather thick, aren't you," I responded.

"But, of course. Where do you think you get your dramatics from?" He asked me.

"What dramatics?! I have no idea what you're going on about," I teased.

"Precisely. So, we will be expecting you within the hour. Love ya'!" He said, informing me that I had no choice but to visit my parents.

"I love you too, Dad. See you soon," I finished saying and then hung up the call.

I stretched, got up from the bed, and made my way into the bathroom, removing my clothes as I walked. Sometimes I hate it when my parents don't give me any time to get ready; we live at least thirty minutes away anyway, and rushing just sucks. I took the fastest shower that I could do, dried off, got dressed, and left my apartment, driving to my parent's house.

It took me close to fifty minutes to reach their home, and as I parked my car, I made sure to text Mia and let her know I was coming here. As soon as I opened the front door, my dad gasped, then dramatically fell onto his knees to intensify his dramatic scene, and said, "Oh, my word! It can't be! Is my daughter actually inside my house?!"

"Honey, why are you on your knees? I thought we agreed that such things were meant for the bedroom only?" My mom said as she walked into the living room, and apparently, she didn't notice me yet, which made me laugh. I do miss this; Mia and I should visit more often.

"Oh God... Mom?! I did NOT need to hear that!" I shouted, covering my ears, hoping that it would block any other traumatic words that could follow. However, all I could see was both of my parents laughing their asses off at my reaction.