Chapter 22: Drunk

*Mia's POV*

"I love watching Brittany dance. Don't you?" Sara asked randomly.

"I'll take it you're asking me if I love to watch Cambria dance, and yes, I do, very much," I happily confirmed, and she giggled.

"Oh, right! Yeah, that's what I meant, haha. It's really nice to see them be relaxed and having such a great time," She added, and I nodded in agreement because I felt the same way when it came to my girl. If I can somehow make her feel good and let loose, I'll make sure it happens for her, always.

As the song changed, I kept my eyes on Cambria, watching her have the best time, grinning and laughing with Brittany, which caused me to smile and feel warm inside. A few more minutes passed, and I happened to notice a blonde woman looking my girl's way. It's possible, though, that she could have been staring at anyone in that specific direction, so I let that go and continued to watch my goddess until Sara said, "You know, I pretended to be Cambria's fiancé one day?"

"Yeah? When was this?" I asked, turning my attention to Sara, and when I looked at her, she covered her mouth in a shocked manner, almost as if she told me a hidden secret. She's so damn silly.

"She hasn't told you yet, has she?" She questioned, and I shook my head.

"Are you mad... because you look mad?" She asked further.

"Oh, don't worry; it's okay, Sara. I'm not mad at you two or anything, but... You know how jealous I get when someone thinks they have the right to flirt with my woman," I stated, and she nodded quickly, agreeing with me.

"Tell me about what happened, if that's okay?"

"Of course, Mia. During the time, you were always at work, months ago, and Cambria wanted to work out, so she went to the gym. One day, she texted me saying some woman hit on her. Of course, I got offended that she didn't invite me, then she messed around with me about how I wouldn't actually go to the gym voluntarily. Anyway, the next time she went, she asked me if I was serious about joining her. I was, so I had Brittany drop me off..." Sara trailed off, taking a breath.

"When I got inside, I saw this tattooed-brunette woman getting close to Bri and put her skanky ass hand on her shoulder, so I pretended to be her fiancé and basically scared her off. Then we worked out, and that was hell!" Sara explained, and I couldn't help but laugh at everything she told me. It was as if I could imagine that whole scenario going down, and I was glad she was never afraid to get in between those who attempted to mess with us. I know precisely why Cambria never mentioned it to me; she didn't want me to worry. My baby is so sweet, and I love her immensely.

"First of all, thank you for always helping when people don't understand that no means no. It means a lot to me that you protect her, especially when I'm not around to do it myself," I replied, smiling at her.

"Oh, no problem, Mia. No one fucks with my best friend or you, for that matter. I'll always help whenever I can; you're family," Sara added, and I hugged her. I'm so glad and grateful to have her and Brittany in my life.

"You sure seemed to have sobered up some," I admitted the second we parted from our hug, and she laughed.

"Yeah, but don't you worry! I'm about to fix that very soon," Sara responded dramatically, and I smiled at her.

"I don't doubt that one bit, my friend," I said as I turned my attention from her to my baby and watched her dance, suddenly noticing that blonde girl again, but this time, she was getting closer to Cambria.

"Mia?"

"Hmmm? What's up, Sara?" I answered, looking her in the eyes.

"Join me while I get us refills?" She asked, and I nodded as we both got up from the couch, walking straight to the bar.