Chapter 1: Reminisce

I can't believe that it has already been seven freakin' years since the day Mia and I graduated high school. There is much that has happened to us and everyone in our lives. With that in mind, there is a select group of fantastic ass people in my life that should have a shout-out first. It's only fair, really. So now, it's about damn time I provide the details as to what happened in their lives from the moment of our high school graduation up to the present day today.

 So now, it's about damn time I provide the details as to what happened in their lives from the moment of our high school graduation up to the present day today

Starting off this list is none other than my beautiful parents, Blake and Clara Jones. It is honestly safe to say they are the same as ever; still very much in love, goofy, entertaining, caring, and loving. Ever since they took Mia in years ago, they have continued to treat her like a daughter and maintained a strong relationship with her. I can tell how much they love Mia. I could always see it in their faces whenever my parents and my girl were around each other. I know Mia feels how loved and accepted she is with them. It's so beautiful, and I'm glad for her.

My mom, Clara, is still a happily certified therapist with her own successful, flourishing business. She has continued to provide therapy to anyone in need. I look up to her. She and Dr. Williams are still close friends, and they hang out every so often. For the longest time, my dad, Blake, worked as a lawyer in a law firm; and struggled to move on up in the company. He had many court cases, long nights, and I am proud to say that he finally made partner. He gets to set his very own hours and choose which cases he tries. I'm still so very proud of my parents, and I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for them.

 I'm still so very proud of my parents, and I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for them

Following my parents is Ali Nova, Mia's mom. The day she called Mia, wanting to meet with her, was the start of the rekindling of their mother-daughter relationship. To this day, no one could look at them and ever imagine they had stopped talking for seven years; that's how close they are now. Ali found a job as a mail processing clerk for the IRS, and after consecutive years of hard work and dedication, she was rightfully promoted to general manager. I remember how proud Mia was when Ali called her and gave her the news. I'm proud of her too. Over the years, I have gotten closer to Ali, and now she is like a second mother.

Ever since Mia asked Ali to get reacquainted with her old friend, Kayla Anderson, they've hit it off. It seems like they never lost contact because of how strong their friendship is. Mia always thought they had an exciting past and actually hopes they 'get together.' When I asked her why she felt that way, she said every time Ali talks about Kayla; her face would light up. When Mia gave me that answer, I had to agree with her. I mean, it makes sense, doesn't it? I guess only time will tell.